Baylor's second day of school went as well as the first but today I picked him up two hours early for COF because we were heading to my parent's house to have dinner with my brother and sister in law. They arrived in Lancaster Monday evening on their road trip to their new home in Nashville, TN. Laura was hired by Vanderbilt University in their travel office and she is to start September 2nd. She is also due to be a mom later in September so it was really nice to be able to see her so close to her due date. We had a few boxes of items for the baby and it was a good thing they were here and I did not have to mail the boxes. They were packed full! I am not sure they are really ready for parenthood, it has just been the two of the for 11 years, but I told Laura in a few days after her daughter arrives she will wonder what they did with their time before she was there.
We had dinner on the deck and after eating I brought out the cake I made for the four August Birthdays: Laura's is the 6th, Mom's is the 18th, Gloria's is the 23rd, and Dad's is the 26th, which is today. But they all had to share a cake, sorry Dad!
I did not do a good job coloring the piping bag and ran out of color be the time I made it around the cake.
I made my favorite chocolate and white cake recipes and the awesome Italian buttercream I use on Baylor's cakes. It is awesome! The whole cake was awesome!
We sang Happy Birthday, squishing in everyone's name at the end.
And they let Baylor blow out the candles. That is still his favorite part of birthdays.
And a little bit of cake and ice cream is not so bad either.
We wanted to take another family photo but I could not get the auto timer to work on my camera this time. It said it was set to be on delayed timer but every time I hit the shutter it went off. So no group shot, just a lot of my trying to make it work and the family trying to be patient about it. Baylor was pretty done with the whole thing, it was a bit boring I am sure.
But we took a few different configurations and called it a night. We hugged everyone, wished Jamie and Laura good luck in all the big changes happening in September and headed home. Baylor fell asleep on the way home and did not wake up until the next morning, his third day of kindergarten!



No comments:
Post a Comment