I was off for three days to get ready for the party but had to work at times because I did not have a back up at work. Thankfully there was not much to do other than clean the garage and get the stuff down from the attic. Jake went to day care Friday because he is another full time job and I wanted a break in the evening. He was nice and chill so we watched Hocus Pocus and protected us from the witches between napping.
The party started at noon this year because no one shows up at 11 anyway. Baylor offered to help me fill the treat containers.
I made boxed brownies, frosted sugar cookies bars, and doctored up cake mix brownies for sweets.
Snacks were red and green grapes, celery and carrots, chips and dips, cheese balls, pretzel rods and caramel corn.
We had hot dogs, mac and cheese and chili with the fixin's.
Decorating was minimal at best. I just did not have all the time I needed because I still had to work part of the days.
We had three guessing games: Candy corn, (won by Connor), peanut M&M's (won by Meme), and gumballs (won by a dog park friend Misty)
I did not make any new games this year and just set everything up in the driveway because the patio is cased by a paper and ball chewing dog. The only game on the patio was the apple dipping game.
I had Jake on a lease with me for most of the day anyway. He was very well behaved and it was lovely that he did not get to nap at all and was super chill in the evening.
First pinata was at 1:00 and we did the black cat. We started with the youngest first as usual. Baylor hit the strings on his first round and knocked it to the ground. Then it was more of a golf game until it was killed.
At 2:00 we had a candy toss instead of a peanut toss. In the candy were four gold wrapped Kit Kats. Those who found the four gold candy got to silly string Baylor. This game was all his idea and he loved it. Even getting nailed by four cans of silly string.
Jake let me put the shark hat on him for a minute. He was worn out by being awake all day and was more tolerant than usual.
I caught Amy and Lochlan playing in the costumes. And one of me.
The second pinata was at 3:00 and it was a mummy. Lochlan went first being the youngest.
Nathan enjoyed the dress up stuff too. Baylor and most of the kids spent the day in the bounce house that lead to a Nerf fight. But there were no major injuries and everyone had a good time. It was the best weather I think we have ever had. The temperature was in the mid 70's and there was no breeze to blow over the games. It was just beautiful.
I had lots of hands helping me to clean up so we just shoved everything into the garage and closed the door. There was not much to wash up but I got it done before bed. The left overs were put away. I was tired, my dog was tired but it was a wonderful party!





































No comments:
Post a Comment