Saturday, April 30, 2011

Brigid Grainne

Meet our new cousin Brigid Grainne Hazel born on Tuesday April 26.  She was 8 lb 2 oz and 19 inches.  Baylor was 6 lbs 2 oz and 18 inches at birth.  She is a big girl so to speak but so tiny.  The Hazel family came home today and we were there with lunch and other goodies for them.  I went to see Connor when he was still in the hospital and if we did not go this weekend, we would not see her until June and I could not have that! 

Baylor looked so big next to her, especially his hands.  He was sitting next to me on the couch trying to cuddle her and see her.  He wanted to hold her so I surrounded him with pillows and he held his first baby.  He was so tender and so gentle. And so comfortable for a toddler.  He made no sudden moves, did not try to jump up and drop her like a doll.  He was smiling the whole time he was holding her. 


He gave her lots of kisses.  His hands look so big!!!


He booped her nose several times.  That was something we always did with him, touching his nose and saying boop!  He does it to us now. 




She was a sweet sleeping beauty for most of the visit.  Until she was hungry but they got it together and everything was happy again.


Just chillaxin' with a newborn.  He was drumming his fingers on the pillow. 


Heather told me to try to get a photo of Conner.  She always says Baylor is so good in front of the camera but it has been there since he was born.  I have 10 photo albums of him already and I don't mean the little ones.  Like 300-500 photo albums with extras tucked behind photos so the spines are about to split.  Anyway, she said Connor would not smile or react but I see a bit of a smile in his eyes.  He was eating a chicken leg after all.   


Welcome to the family Brigid.  I may call you Luce but it is not my fault she did not call you Lucille.  I cannot wait to watch you grow up into a beautiful woman. 


Seeing Baylor being so tender and gentle with her really tore me up.  We have not talked about trying again but I wont consider it until I can lose some weight and the last 4 weeks nothing has changed in that department.  It is quite depressing which does not help the emotional eating and neither does all the Easter candy I have not taken to work to have them eat for me.  I will keep trying and hopefully will be able to give Baylor his own baby to cuddle, kiss and boop your nose.   

No comments:

Post a Comment