Saturday, April 16, 2011

Time to catch up


It is raining again.  I have a well for our water supply and I garden so I am cool with it raining.  We need the water.  It is thundering.  Eddy is not so cool with that.  She has great fear of them and usually ends up under my feet or on my head if we are sleeping.  Baylor is napping.  I am totally cool with that as he and I need a little time apart.  We have a lot of fun together but a girl needs some down time.  I am spending mine comforting the dog, making french onion soup casserole, finally working on an a post, and doing laundry.  The house smells wonderful of onions slowing cooking down. After about an hour they are almost to the point of caramelizing.  Yum! 

Lori takes Baylor to a local circus for their adoption anniversary.  We are lucky to live in a state that allows her to adopt him.  It is a small circus at a local Temple.  Lori is not a photographer and usually ends up turning the dial on the camera somehow to some setting that causes dark or blurry photos.  She managed to get a few photos this years.  Baylor loved the clowns especially farmer grumpy with the trained pigs. 


Here they are before the show started.  Are they not the cutest?  Ok to me they are.


They stopped by my office before going home so I could see his painted face.  He is such a cutie pie! 


I went to Chicago on a Thursday for a 2 hour meeting with a customer.  The best part of it was taking photos of airplanes for Baylor to look at when I got home. 


This is what our evenings and weekends are usually like. Baylor pulling around his wagon, riding his cars, raking the dirt, looking for worms, going down the slide... You get the picture.  We are out there until it is too dark or too cold to stay out any longer. 


This was the bed we bought him hoping to maybe entice him to sleep in his own bed in his own room.  It did not work so after over a year of it holding his stuffed toys we sold it to another little boy to enjoy. 


Diane flew in from her new home in New Mexico for a week's vacation and visit.  She stayed at her dad's but she stayed the night Saturday when I picked her up from the airport and came to visit a few evenings.  We played outside all morning after breakfast, of course.  Baylor loves to be outside!!



Ok, he just gets cuter and cuter!  We went to Baltimore to drop Diane off at the airport.  After we dropped her off Baylor decided he wanted to ride a plane.  It was not a fun road trip for a while but I finally came to some construction vehicles and all was soon well again.  Thankfully he is very easily distracted when we are driving.  He loves finding diggers, silos, cranes, motorcyles etc.  We went to Ikea and Wegmans which wore us both out but he was able to nap on the ride home. 


See what I mean. Cuter all the time. 


We meet our friends Julie, Amy, and Cullen at a local play fort.  The boys ran around having fun, and we chatted while chasing them around.  We went to lunch afterward and both boys fell asleep within minutes of leaving.  I think I am seeing a pattern here. 

 Who is coming down the slide?

 It's Cullen!

 April showers bring May flowers.  May should be a veritable bouquet with all the rain we have had.  Baylor loves to wear his rain coat and hat. Again how cute is he? 


A craigslist find for $40.00 a John Deere digger. It is pedal powered. I will love it much more when he learns to pedal because pushing him around is getting old.  But we moved mulch with it and he loved it. 


Thankfully the walk from the mulch pile to the new garden is not very far but after several trips it gets old for a 40 year old.  For a 2 year old, it never gets old!


I know there is some controversy out there about boys and pink.  Baylor has wanted a pick nightgown since Meme was here the last time.  I have looked for one without Disney princesses, Cute as a bug logos, or Dora.  Other than the cute as a bug I would not buy those for a daughter but that is my issue. 
Lori found one online with a pony and he loves it.  Since he does not sleep under covers, he is wearing jammy bottoms too.  Pink is a pretty color!  Even to little boys.


So I am done.  The onions are almost completely carmamelized and Baylor is awake cuddling on my side.  I will be back next time I get a few minutes to myself.  Who knows when that will be!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I just love Baylor, he too cute! Happy Adoption Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post?
    I'm now starving thinking about French Onion Soup. What time is it? Ugh, only 10:30a.m. I'm not going to make it to Lunch.
    I think I need pink pajamas. Claire is feeling left out. Then we'll match!
    Loving that photo of Lori and Baylor. And yes, they are the cutest.
    Hope all is well. Your Friend, Mark

    ReplyDelete