Saturday, November 16, 2013

Upon you turning Five



Today you turn five years old. How does time go so quickly right in front of me?  You were just a tiny baby just a few days ago right?



 And now look at you!


  You are an amazing little boy and there are so many amazing things that make you so special.  You are a sensitive soul. You have empathy beyond your own understanding.  It can be for your family, your Eddy, your  friends, and especially your stuffed  'friends' who are taking over our house. You will tell me you love me more than infinity and beyond.You are kind and loving.  You love your Eddy and are kind and gentle with her. When she is frustrating me you will tell me to be patient with her.  You will watch Tangled or Princess Sofia with the same enthusiasm as when watching Spiderman Batman, or Power Rangers.  When we are watching a superhero movie and a part will come up I don't like, you will pat my arm and say, "It is OK, it is just pretend. You don't have to watch this part if you don't want to." You comfort me and while it shows just how caring you are, I laugh because you are comforting me over a movie!   You are bright and creative.  You started a new preschool this year and after many months of adjustment you learned to enjoy it.  You still love being with your moms but you always say you have a good day.  You are learning quickly, you play well with the other children and now you even get into trouble like the other kids!  You are still one of the good kids, but you are getting into age appropriate trouble. Which is a good thing because you are around adults a lot and being with kids is wonderful for you.  You are bashingly loud and destructive in play. You love to build things up and knock it right down. You  make giant messes and then tidy up without being asked. You want to be a farmer when you grow up.  When we drive somewhere and there is a poo smell in there air you tell me that you love that smell because it is a farm smell.  You enjoy seeing tractors and combines working in the fields.  You have a wonderful out look and when things are not going your way, you are more apt to say Ok, or Who Cares and go on than to throw a fit about it. You hate it when I say keep moving forward but  you live that motto every day.  We have a lot of adventures that we enjoy but you are just as happy to stay at home.

Before you were born I listened to a lot of children's CDs to learn songs to sing to you. Most were fun and some really spoke to me.  One that really did was an Elvis song on a lullaby album. "Love Me Tender" brought me to tears every time it came on.  The lines in bold I embroidered and hung in your room because they were so true to me. 

Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go.
You have made my life complete,
And I love you so.

Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled.
For my darlin I love you,
And I always will
.


Love me tender,
Love me long,
Take me to your heart.
For it's there that I belong,
And well never part.

Love me tender,
Love me dear,
Tell me you are mine.
Ill be yours through all the years,
Till the end of time.

(when at last my dreams come true
Darling this I know
Happiness will follow you
Everywhere you go)

You, before you were even born, were my dream come true.  I did not know anything about you at the time I was crying through the lyrics on my way to work in the morning but I knew I loved you more than anything I have ever loved before.  And from the moment you were born, my love for you has just grown. 

 I was blessed the day you were conceived. I was blessed the day I found out I was pregnant. I was blessed the eight and a half months I carried you and helped you grow strong. I was blessed the day you decided it was your day to arrive. I was blessed throughout your delivery and every day since I have been blessed to have you in my life.  You are my everything, the center of my universe and I cannot imagine life without you in it.  I love you my son, my heart.  

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

No comments:

Post a Comment