Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The Last Days...

Tuesday morning we were all on beach time with no agenda for the day.  Gloria chose to go to a local driving range and when she got there she found they had a virtual driving range as well.  Of course she chose that, it was air conditioned after all and it included lessons which she enjoyed.   Baylor and I went to the beach for the morning.  We just played in the waves and in the sand by the surf.  He encourged me to swim out past the breaking waves and while I could see him the whole time, I did not stay out there very long.   We made sand castles out of drippy sand and waited for the waves to take them away before building another one.  When we were done we walked to Grotto where Gloria was waiting for us.  She had parked the car on Rehoboth Ave so we put the beach gear in her car and went to Gus and Gus for lunch.  I had heard they had the best fried chicken on the beach and I love fried chicken.  While it was really good, the fried part was too salty for my tastes.  I know I am an under salter so I am sure for most people it was the best.  Baylor was not happy to be out again but we ordered for him anyway, which he ate of course.  Gloria took him to the arcades while I did some boardwalk shopping for gifts for my back ups at work and for the neighbors who were taking care of Grimm and the fish.   We drove back to the room where we all showered.  Gloria made the reservations for 2016 for the same time frame!!!! But in another room in the building.  I went out shopping on Rehoboth Ave for a few more items, gifts for Presley and my parents and for me!  I found a red Lifeguard onsie, a wood crab toy and a few books about the beach. It is hard finding beach kids clothes that are not tacky! 


I did not buy the painting but I loved what it said so I took a photo of course.  There are so many things I would have liked to have brought home such as the $300.00 wind chime with the deep tones that go right through your body.  Maybe next year.  


The house we are staying in is such a nice looking house, very old and beachy.  If I would ever come into a grand sum of money, I would be living right here at the beach.  




With a front porch so I can say hello to everyone walking by. And lots of hydrangeas in my gardens.  


In the afternoon our friends from home who were also down at the beach for a week came to our place for a meet up.  We talked for a bit and then decided to go to the Chines buffet for dinner.  Their daugther wanted to go there and we love a Chinese buffet as well.  Baylor did not fuss too much about this dinner out and even played with my crab before I tore him apart!! We had a nice dinner and then drove out to see the place they were staying. It is a friends mother's home but she had to move out due to not being able to live on her own.  The family is keeping the house of course but they are able to rent it out to friends.  It is pretty far out there in the country and not near the beach but 25 minute drive is much closer than the three and a half hour drive we have. 


Wednesday morning was all about packing and heading out home.  The drive was pretty uneventful and unpacking is not much fun.  This vacation was wonderful and I cannot wait to go back to the sea!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment