Sunday, September 13, 2015

Greencastle Artisans in the Park

Baylor and I drove to Greencastle in the afternoon to meet the McGraw's for a visit to a craft show.  One of her friends is a vendor and I was looking forward to going; it has been years since I went to a craft show!! We were on time and they were running late so Baylor had some time to play on the equipment.  



They had this HUGE merry-go-round that looked cool but it was pretty slow and Baylor was not much of a fan of it. 


This was more his speed or in this case, his ability to slow it down with his shoes.  


And in keeping with our ability to attract trains, one went past while I was sitting on a bench.  


The digger was pretty much dug out so we scrapped the sand to fill in the trench.  If they had a shovel or rake there I would have filled it in all the way but I did my best with my shoes and sandals. 


They had a nice swing with a foot rest you pushed to make the swing well, swing.  Selfie with my little man.


And selfie with this little man! I carried him around most of the time.   The boys wanted to play in the park and Julie and decided that would be OK with us.  We gave them a few rules and they were off and so were we.  I checked on them from time to time and they were always were they were supposed to be, just playing. I told Gloria about letting them play and she looked at me like I had put a free to a good home sign on them and walked off.  She is more of a helicopter than I am.  I bought a bar of soap for Gloria, Baylor picked out the scent for her, and a new purse/bag that I could make, but don't have the fabric.  Julie went to school with the maker so I felt OK with my purchase.  


These two are good buddies.  Hard to believe it has been six years since we meet.  We drove to our favorite Waynesburger for lunch and I had Cullen in the van with me.  The boys played games on the tablet and were goofy.  


They sat in the little cove on the stools while Julie, Lochlan and I sat at the neighboring table.  They are almost seven and starting to show a bit of independence.  


My Gyro platter was amazing as usual.  I cannot wait for another one in November after our annual trip to the pumpkin farm!!  


In the early evening the girls were over playing and I asked them if they would help clean out the playhouse and I would pay them each a dollar to sweep and scrub it out.  It was worth it!  


Grimm is always looking to get out so I took him outside and all he wanted to do was get back in the house.  Typical cat.  Always on the wrong side of every door, 


And I finished the quilt for Presley.  I started the embroidery part last year before she was born and then let it sit.  Her birthday is 9-22 and I made it my mission to get it done for her birthday.  There are four different prints and I added the pink lattice at the last minute to make it bigger and break up the teal print.  I love when I finish a quilt!!! 




1 comment: