My parents stopped over around 9:45 to drop off some stuff and pick up other stuff they were going to take to Heather for me. While I would have loved a day at the campground, I had plans for the day and did not want to change them. After they left I took Baylor to Kartikey's house to spend the day with his family. I visited for about an hour, and had delicious chai tea with Greeva while the boys played. After I went home, I gave the floors some much needed attention with the broom, vacuum and mop. Yippee for me. What a way to spend my day, alone. But I also started on the balloon pinatas for the Halloween party in October. They take the longest to prepare and I had to the time to get started.
Around the time Gloria was going to come home I stopped to pull a weed along the side of the house. Instantly, my jaw still tingles when I write this, my wrist flared up and stung. I must have pulled on some stinging nettle. I put an ice pack on it and took some benedryl just in case. It hurt for well over an hour.
Thankfully I was able to handle the camera so I could take some photos of the gorgeous moon rising over a neighbor's barn.
Baylor spent the day with Kartikey's aunts, uncles, parents, grandparents, and cousins. It was a kind of holiday/holy day, a day to honor your siblings. Greeva explained it that she would bless her brother and he in turn would bless his sisters. Baylor tried on the tunic but not being used to it, changed back into his clothes. But he participated in the ceremony, which I was happy about. I love that he is learning first hand about other cultures and things they celebrate. And that he has a good friend named Kartikey!







That is so cool!
ReplyDelete