Saturday morning we headed south to celebrate baby Lochlan's first birthday at a park in Waynesboro, PA. It was a beautiful day for a park party. Baylor was excited to see the playgrounds and him and Cullen had fun with his monster trucks on the slides.
We walked down to the larger playground while we we were waiting for more quests to show up. The slide was very tall and metal, the kind that melt your shorts when heated by the sun, so I know it had been around for a long time! I cannot believe these two have known each other for 6 years already. And I am so glad they do.
Baylor liked the spider climber, they have one at his school and of course it is fun to climb on. And dangle from.
Mommy and Son selfie, that darn tooth is hanging in there.
The pavilion was by the creek and it took awhile for Baylor to take interest in it. But he was having a hard time eating because of his loose tooth. It was bleeding and moving all over the place. He spent most of lunch sitting in my arms being sad. Amy told him Cullen had the same thing with one tooth and as soon as it was out, the pain stopped. Of course, that was no incentive to remove the offending tooth at this point. We sat outside the pavilion so he could play on the tablet and eat some of my lunch, with me feeding him like a baby bird.
I cannot believe it has been a year since he arrived. I remember going to see him when he was just two days old!! Time files when you are watching little ones grow! Almost time for birthday cupcake!
The tooth is still there, dangling grossly in his mouth. Gag!
Singing Happy Birthday to the Birthday Boy!
He was not too interested in smashing the cake, mommies had to help him get the idea of what he was supposed to do.
Baylor ate the red icing off the cupcake which lead to frosting face.
Julie opened the gifts with help from Amy, Cullen and all the other kids there. Lochlan was more interested in crawling away most of the time.
The park has a free train ride that takes the riders around for a few loops on a track across the creek. When the kids went over, I suggested the grandparents, who were originally watching the gift opening, turn around to watch the train go past. I loved waving at the train whether I knew anyone on it or not. I like to play royalty and wave like the queen to her people going by.
After many train rides, Baylor apparently decided he was ready for the tooth to come out. He wanted me to pull it but hug him at the same time for emotional support. I did my best and with a bit of gentle pulling down, the tooth slide out. As soon as it was out he was smiling and shouting to everyone that his tooth was out. And off he went! I was glad it was out because it was getting very red around the gums and I was worrying about it getting infected. Now it can heal and the new tooth can come in.
I was not a baby hog but did get to hold him before the party and for a bit during clean up.
Cullen was off playing but I would have loved a photo of all these boys. These two both make me smile!
When we got home I inspected the tooth, before putting it in the tooth pillow, and found the snaggely root piece that was keeping the tooth in the socket. I think Baylor may get something extra from the Tooth Fairy for his bravery in having me pull it out. He has pulled out the last two but even he said they practically fell out themselves.



























No comments:
Post a Comment