Thursday night was the first night of the full fair and we invited Caden, his brother Gavin, and his parents to join us at the fair. We waited in the driveway to wave them down as they have never been to our house. I noticed a few weeks ago something was growing in the compost pile and it turned out to be spaghetti squash. Not something we eat often and certainly not as exciting as honeydew melon would have been but I will take it. I am thinking of spaghetti squash and cheese (think mac and cheese but replacing the mac). They have a few more weeks to go before they are ready. We have four on the vines while is more than we would eat in a usual year. Growing our own definitely inspires us to eat more of them.
The boys were excited to see each other. Caden went to COF Summer Camp over the summer and Gavin goes to a different day care. Baylor was happy to see them both and all three boys had fun on the rides and bounce house and games. And dinner of course.
We watched the tractor parade which, sadly, is smaller every year. We stayed until the boys were out of tickets and they had to leave.
But Friday as soon as we got home, I walked over my cake contribution, chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting, and we spend all of our remaining money and tickets at the fair.
We love our little town with the orange firetrucks.
Baylor was excited to do more games especially the dart game.
He gave the dunk tank a try but was not able to dunk him.
The skee ball was fun but not like at the arcades were you get tickets with every round. Wasted quarters but they were his to spend.
He loves the fishing tank and loves picking out a new friend with three sharks hooked on his line.
The fun house is still fun for him. Mommy, watch me run through the ball pit! Are you watching?
Yes, darling, I am.
He did great at the bowling pin game. We also played the water squirt race game. I thought he was winning but one of the ladies won. She kindly gave Baylor her winning as I don't think she was playing for the stuffed prize. Her and her friend were enjoying the fair I believe.
One ride he wanted on was the spinning wheel of death or something like that. My head was spinning and my stomach rolling just thinking about it. I cannot do spinning like this! Thankfully he was tall enough to go by himself and he was looking forward to it.
Oh to be young and so excited! I love seeing his face!! I love being with him. I just love him.
And off he spun. He loved it.
Our loot haul for the night! Plenty of new friends to add to the collection.
And our lovely neighbor friends Natalie and Vanessa were just getting started as we were on our way out. Out of tickets, out of money, we were out of there!
But upon looking out my front window, seeing traffic backed up past my house on their way to the fair, it looked like many people were just getting their night started at the fair.




















No comments:
Post a Comment