Gloria took off a half a day to celebrate her birthday. (well, she celebrated by taking a nap which is usual) But I did make a nice dinner and a cake. Baylor of course was excited about the gifts so we did those first. He picked out a twirling, taselled baton from the Dollar Tree and a Wolverine Lego figurine for her and I found Wonder-woman coffee cups on clearance at Ross. And I painted her a picture of Eddy sitting in the hydrangeas. She loved it even though she had guessed what I was making her the week before. She always guesses her gifts, for which I hate her.
While she was napping, Baylor wanted to have the girls come over to swim. He was excited to use his new goggles with the snake eye holograms. I found them for 60% off at Kohls when we were back to school shopping.
The pool was cold so they got out while I finally used the balloon bonanzas we had (or whatever brand it was, not the as seen on TV kind but I cannot remember). They loved it! Anything on TV has to be great after all. Sadly, the balloons go just as fast and we were soon out of balloons. But it was fun while they lasted.
I wandered in the garden while I was mowing, more birthday fun (Gloria was up now and doing the riding mowing). After I was done mowing I picked all the corn I could find. Some of it should have been picked two weeks ago but it was still good.
And observation I made while mowing the back, Eddy's body has no use for corn anymore. My pretty girl!!! She never ages.
Baylor made Grimm 'smile' for me.
I made white cake with strawberries and whipped cream for her birthday cake. It is easy and a favorite of hers.
And candles and singing are a favorite for Baylor so of course we did both. Happy Birthday Mama!















No comments:
Post a Comment