
This is Eddy Mae Jean, my first child. She is nine this year and has been a true blessing in our lives. Last month she had surgery on her left knee. We took her to the vet for a consult and she ended up staying the night for surgery the next day. She was there for two days. Lori picked her up and took her directly to her parents for rest and recovery. They do not have stairs to go outside like we do and Baylor would not be able to love her in that special way that he does. He likes to sit on her when she is sleeping and grab her tail and try to keep up as she runs away. It is a special love but not well suited to dog with staples in her knee.

So off to her Grandparents she went. They love her like a granddaughter and have taken care of her when we were on vacations that were not dog friendly. I have not seen her in three weeks because it would be to hard on her/me to visit her and have to leave her there. She had her follow up today . Everything is healing well and back in place in her knee. They removed her staples and the stitches from the cyst we also had removed.

She has to go back to her grandparents for another four weeks until her next check up. He said she should be ready for the stairs then since they are just to go outside. It is not easy carrying a 52 lb dog up and down the deck stairs. She is leaving in the morning after I leave for work. I know she is in good hands, I just wish it were my hands.
Awww, Heidi, hang in there! I'm sure she knows how much you love her and it sounds like she is in very good hands! She'll be better soon! :-)
ReplyDelete