This is Baylor's MeMe, Gloria's mother. He named her that a few months ago when he could not say Mamaw because it sounded too much like Mama. She likes it and she loves to hear him say it. Next to me, I think he loves his Meme best. She is the one and only person he will choose over me, unless he is tired or needs comforting. He will even choose her to put him to bed over me. He will do pretty much anything with her and she will do pretty much anything for him. Right now they spend a lot of time outside. She sits in the chair in the shade or pushes him in the car or follows him around as he pushes his mower.
He is very lucky to have her because she is what I think a grandma should be: just there for you and to love you. Parents get to do the hard part, grandparents are for fun and for him she is just that.
I really did love meeting her the other day and it was obvious that those two have a special bond. m.
ReplyDelete