Saturday, May 28, 2011

Fred


Grandma Karen and Grandpa Ron arrived home from vacation yesterday and we had planned to visit them today to catch a fish in their ponds for our pond.  Ron has two nice sized ponds and we have a half barrel sized pond so we have room for one of his sized fish.  Before Baylor when I took Eddy every where with me, she fell into the pond Baylor is looking into.  It was deep enough she could not touch the bottom and I had to pull her out. 


Grandma Karen brought out the fish chow because it is always fun to feed fish. 


Fred is in there somewhere. 






Ron caught one fish on the first pass and it was a small one.  He said they are called fan tail comets.  He is pale gold.  A spotted one would have been nice too but they were all pretty big. 


Lori held the bag on the way home to avoid a Finding Nemo incident and Fred took to his new crib quickly.  Baylor gave him some food but he never came up to get it.  He found the cave I created for him and spends a lot of time so far swimming in and out of it. 



Here he is peaking out at us.


Fish are hard to photograph I found out. 




Hopefully we can give him a good home and in the winter bring him inside as long as he survives Baylor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment