Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Camping on Friday and Saturday

Because of the chaos I caused on our little walk on Thursday, we stayed close to the cabin and made sure everyone knew where we were or had someone with us.  Mom, Baylor and I walked to the lake for a bit in the morning.  Baylor and I made sand castles with the bucket and then I made drip sand castles all of which he bashed to oblivion as soon as they were deemed finished.



We also spent some time at the water's edge throwing sand balls into the lake. I packed together wet sand into a ball, placed it on his trowel and he tossed it into the water.  Then he scooped up more gooey sand and brought it back so I could make more. It was a bit chilly and he had on long pants so he did not go into the water. But I knew it was calling to his water loving soul.  


Later after lunch Dad took us all on a drive to see another falls that did not require a hike.  Thank goodness for the minivan being able to hold all of us on these little trips.  We stopped at one place just to throw some rocks in the creek.  Unfortunately Dad does not think this is much fun as Baylor does and he rushed him back to the car.  This did not go over well with a tired four year old.  But will the promise of more rocks soon, he got himself together enough to get back in the car seat. 


The falls were just up the road and on the side of the road we parked on had this beautiful sight.


This is Sullivan Falls and is off a little road on the other side of the street from the park. It was a nice sized fall and just right for rock and stick throwing.  




I love this little guy! I know it is not the best photo of him but whatever photo he is in is one of my favorites.     



We threw enough rocks to get most of the urges out of his system.



He was such a good camper this whole week and I loved spending the time with him. 


Back at camp in the afternoon, there was more rope play with Buddy and later with Grandma. 


He modeled his new Hike shirt I picked up at the park station. 




Since it was my goal to burn most of the wood if not all of it, we had a fire going all day.  I did pretty good and only left three pieces and a pile of broken up branches for the next visitors to Cabin G. 


Since we were leaving in the morning Baylor played in it and had a great time.  We did make another trip to the lake for more sand ball throwing and since it was warmer he was walking out into the water. And I took bubbles with us.  The wind was just right for making the bubbles for me and blowing them down the beach.  It was wonderful but I did not take the camera that trip.  





Saturday we packed up to leave.  Dad had actually made the reservation to include Sunday but Mom thought I may need the day at home because it was back to work on Monday.  While we had all day to do it, we were packed and out of there by 9:00 am. 





It was a wonderful week and lovely place to stay and I hope we go back there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment