Tuesday, February 21, 2017

When Sickness Hits

Monday the school nurse called me in the afternoon that Baylor was complaining of a sore throat and she was monitoring his temperature which was high. 99.6 to 99.8 and she just wanted to let me know.  By the time I got home his temperature was 102.6.  He passed out on the couch around 6:30 under the red Valentine's lights.  He was a bit of a heat source all night and I had to keep him home Tuesday. And then Wednesday. And then Thursday.  Even the Tylenol bottle says to call the doctor if you have fever for more than three days.  


Gloria had off work Thursday so she stayed home with him and I went into work. I made an appointment at the Dr for 11:10 and the diagnosis was sinus infection and pneumonia.  Antibiotics for 10 days and an inhaler as needed.  Thursday was also the Valentine's party at school and I was on the Mom team.  So I went anyway. I was in charge of games and brought the candy heart stacking game and a Heart Relay. I wrote simple tasks on heart cut outs and they did a relay. There were no winners, they just kept cycling through until moving to the next task.  I also brought blank hearts and we had the kids write something they liked about Mrs Failla and gave her a Heart Attack.  She loved reading them as each child handed her their heart.  




They had made a Valentine's bag for Baylor and I brought it home for him.  While he was a bit sad to miss the party, he handled it really well. He handled everything all week really well.  If it were not for the fever I would have thought he had a minor cold.  He never complained about anything. I hope he stays that way and does not grow up to be the sick husband whining from the couch.  



I finally uploaded the Snapchat photos from the Aunt's Meeting on Saturday.  It was so much fun playing with the girls and my dad!  

Nice family portrait.  


 I love you Mom!  



And Aunt Joan


Cousin DiAnn

Aunt Lynda 

Of course, Aunt Betty 


Cousin Heather 


Lynda definitely has a family resemblance. 




Lynda almost choked on her tongue!  We all had a good laugh.  


Friday at 10, Baylor had an eye appointment.  I am thankful for my job that lets me work from home and have the time for appointments without taking vacation.  They did the standard eye tests on him but the refraction was the worst. Apparently he cannot hold his head and body still, at all.  He just wiggled, fidgeted. I sat in the chair holding his butt and head still and she could still not get a reading.  


Those eyes!!  


He had a handkerchief to cover his mouth when he coughed but it also made for some fun in the waiting room.  


The verdict is his eyes are still growing and the vision issues he is having will likely resolve in a few years as his eyes grow.  We can get him glasses if he wants them but other than that, he is fine.  He was fine to climb the dirt bank as well even thought he sun was killing his eyes. 



Saturday morning we had already offered to watch Landon so Joey could work some OT.  The boys were good about not horsing around until we went to the movies and played games on the carpet pattern.  That was enough to stir up Baylor's cough and being sick a bit.  Yuck!  But we after we cleaned up we enjoyed the Lego Batman movie together.  We dropped Landon off at his house on the way home and spent the rest of the weekend together. 


Taking selfies, playing video games, puttering around together.  The weather was amazing for February but I did not want to go outside too much because he could not play. We did make it out for about 15 minutes to get some fresh air while picked up branches and sticks.  He started coughing so we did not stay out too long but it was nice to be outside. 


He still cannot make it past 6:30 but he needs his rest and he wakes up super early.  


My early Spring flowers are blooming and I love when they pop up!!  


Out at 7:00 tonight, by the green St Patrick's day lights.  


Monday both of us were off but I did need to work in the morning.  When I was at school last week I had asked for his spelling words and if there was any homework.  She sent two math pages and the words.  I wanted him to write his ten sentences first thing in the morning so it was done and I texted Joey Baylor's sentence writing face.  We worked together, as we always do, and finished them. 


For lunch he asked for chicken fries and smiley fries.  I love this guys sun burnt face.  We spent the day working together to get all the achievements in a Lego Stars Wars game and we both enjoyed playing together!  It was a nice week with him and he really was amazing the whole week. 


Tuesday he went back to school and I went back to work.  Life goes on!  

No comments:

Post a Comment