Sunday, August 20, 2017

Round Up

Meme and Pap were in town for an appointment and wanted to meet us for supper at Hoss's. Baylor and I were first so we played on the rocks and went into Stauffer's to kill some time. 


And kill some money because we both left with plants!  


Baylor before his hair cut. 


Baylor after, he liked his hair cut, he was just mad at me about something. 


When we first started going to the dog park CiCi was much smaller than Jake and kind of a butt with her.  Now she is almost bigger than him and they play less.  It is nice to see them together again. 


I bought the new Beauty and the Beast and Baylor did not like me singing along!  But I cannot help it, I know that one pretty well.  


The garden is awash with gold.  The annual black eyed Susans are in full bloom this time of year.  


Thursday night I had a date with my Paint Nite friend Susan.  It was a fun night and a nice painting!  









My babies cuddled up in the early morning.  A rare quiet moment for Jake!  



I love this little guy!! 

and this one too. He can be so cute!! 


Lovely morning sky.  


Lovely sleeping dog.  


I was sitting at the dog park with my park friends and we spotted a rainbow pouring out of a cloud.  One of the women said to Paula that it was her mom saying hi.  It was the first I heard that her mom had died and though I knew she was old and not doing well, it was still a surprise.  I gave her a big hug and cried a bit.  It was a lovely Hello from her mom.  



And then later, a large storm rolled in.  It really was beautiful. 


But we did not stick around for the rain and headed home.  


Sunday morning we went to the flea market and I found four chairs for $15.00 to add to the dog park chair collection. 


Jake was happy napping on the couch while I worked outside but I checked on him often. 


I spotted the humming bird moth on my lantana.  I have not seen one all year and was glad it found my plants!  


I did a lot of weeding, (likely getting into poison ivy) and had a large load to take to the creek bank to dump. Baylor was downstairs and Jake was laying on the couch sleeping.  I figured it would be OK to leave him there for 10 minutes while I finished dumping the weeds.  


I was wrong.  In the 10 minutes he shredded a card and envelope and went back to the couch like nothing happened.  He loves to party while we are not looking.  He is trouble this dog!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment