On April 6th I reported to the hospital at 6:45 am to prep for surgery to remove my stone filled gall bladder. But my problems with my gall bladder go back to October 23 around 1 PM when I had mild pain in the center of my chest for about 45 minutes. The last thing I remember eating was pretzels which are not known to cause stones to move. I called Mom and told her I though I just passed a gall stone. She had the same issue years ago and told me what to watch out for. I wrote it on the calendar and was fine the rest of the week until around 11:45 PM Friday. I had some yummy tater tot nachos that Gloria brought back from the restaurant she went to when we arrived at our room. We were on our trip to the water park in VA and I woke up in a lot of pain. It was a 180 difference from the easy stone movement on Monday. This one included sweating, vomiting, shaking, and A LOT of pain. I went out to the couch to wait it out and in about 45 minutes it was over. I called Mom in the morning and told her. I came to work on Monday and called a Gastroenterology office to make an appointment. They got me in on November 9th and I got started on the process of elimination on what was causing my chest pain. I had to have an ultrasound on 11/15 which found multiple stones. On December 6th, I was supposed to go to the heart Dr to rule out heart problems but I had to reschedule for January 4th. And then I went on February 23rd for an upper endoscopy to rule out hernias, ulcers, and such. Finally all the results were in and I had gall stones and it needed to be removed. So we scheduled it for April 6th.
I warned the ladies that I am a hard one to stick and I was proved right when it took four sticks to find a vein that would not shut down as soon as they got in there. It really hurt, especially the one highest up on my hand. Two failed sticks on this hand.
One failed stick on the back of my hand. They finally got it going on a vein under my thumb but there was an option to have it moved when I was under in surgery. They managed to work with it thankfully!
And surgery went well and I was at home early afternoon to relax for the rest of the day and weekend. Nurse Roxie kept me company after she got home from day care. I was surprised that there was really not a lot of pain after the surgery and other than a few Tylenol on the first day, I did not take any pain meds after Friday at the hospital. It was certainly sore and uncomfortable but no pain.
From the photos from the Clubhouse, the kids had a good day playing.
I do love my Friday night day care coma evenings with these two!
The weekend was also Jake's one year anniversary with us! I would not have guessed a year ago that we would have two dogs within the year but I am so glad we do. They only thing they fight over now are fresh bones so we had to keep them separate after this.
And they had some celebration steak with their dinner. Do I spoil them? Yes, yes I do!











No comments:
Post a Comment