Thursday, May 31, 2018

May Catch Up

The third grade class went to Lancaster Science Factory for their field trip and I was a parent volunteer.  I am so thankful I am able to join Baylor on his trips and school events.  We had the kids in smaller groups and rotated around the exhibits trying to fill out our worksheets we were given.  They had to make observations on what they thought would happen at the station and then describe what did happen after the experiment.  It was controlled chaos for sure but a lot of fun as well.  We were there a good part of the day and had a nice time.  Too busy for too many photos though. 




And we got to ride the bus together and take pictures with the kids. 



Baylor did a bit of creative editing on some pictures.  You know who the thinks is important. 







I had my first significant asparagus harvest.  I asked my cousin for her asparagus patty recipe and she kindly shared it with me.  They are so delicious!  


Guess who we saw in the morning? 


And who we say on the way home? 


Baylor's pear tree is so pretty in the spring.  



We also had the fall open house and the kids got to show off their reports on a famous person.   Baylor chose to do a diorama on Paul Revere.  He told he what he envisioned and I made it happen with some printing off the computer. 


They classes were hatching peeps during this time and they were not yet starting to hatch.  



And outside he said he could play on the equipment in ways he cannot during school.  Little rebel!  



He liked his spiky after shower hair this morning.  


Car selfie. I keep telling him to hold the phone up so he is not looking down all the time.  Someday it will be important enough to remember that. 


May was a good month for trains.


Crazy dogs out the window while we waited for the train traffic to clear. 


My first bunch of parsley ready to be dried for use later this year. 


Guess who helped with some mowing?  It was almost long enough to be baled!  




It took two of them to mow two lines of grass but they did it.  


For Mother's Day I took Mom to a Paint and Create event that was on a Sunday which was nice for both of us.  I invited Hollie from work and told my painting friend Suzanne we were going. She joined us as well.  



My sky and water came along nicely.  


Then some branches and petal reflections 


Some leaves 


Group shot.  Mom was struggling a bit.  She is not used to painting and of course she was wanting it to be just like the example.  It is a hard process to learn to accept what happens on the canvas as your own work with your own style.  



She was getting the hang of it though. 


Mine, nearly finished. 


In the end, it was a lot of fun and we had a nice time together.  


All four of us with our finished works.  They look great and we had fun together.   


Just getting started on the garden clean up and everything is up already.  I am always late!  But it is so much work and I just cannot get the time together to get it done sooner in the year.  I need to start in February. 


One photo this week from the clubhouse; black and white dogs in small, medium and large.


Baylor added a new friend later. 


I love day care coma on Friday nights!  



I finally found a recipe for cookies like the Chinese Almond Cookies at the West Shore Market stands.  They are so good and so expensive per cookies.  And the recipe makes so many!!! 




Baylor and I went to Klaudia's college graduation party in York and had a good time there.  Aunt Betty was sitting with Gaga, both in the same age bracket and they looked so cute together. Neither can hear well but were talking away together for the longest time comparing health issues.  



Baylor was playing with Paisley and Griffon and I had told their dad that Baylor was really good with kids and could be trusted with them.  Then I found this happening!  Thankfully Matt took it well and we had a fun laugh at my trustworthy son.  


Baylor made friends with the resident dog who was happy running around everyone and relaxing on his patio.  


I had some Snapchat fun with Paisley.  Girls love it! 





Jake was on Brown patrol and found a little bunny living in the garden between our houses.  It became an obsession with him, watching out for the bunny. 


On the real Mother's Day we took Meme and Pap to lunch at the Lisburn Firehall. 


It was raining so Baylor helped his Meme into the building.  


Baylor and his two Moms. 


When we went back home, Roxie and I stayed upstairs because she likes to love up on new people too much.  Not everyone likes a dog standing on them giving them kisses.  


A study of Roxie and Grimm


Gloria and her Mom. Happy Mother's Day to us all.  


Jake likes to be on anything where he can get a better view of his world and that is often the basement doors.  Him and Roxie play on there together as well.  


We had a good bye lunch for Tamela as she decided it was time to leave RB.  It was a sad time and sad week but she was ready for the change. In her position, the company takes over your life and can burn you out.  


Laura send me a photo of Hubbard with one of his birthday gifts.  I cannot believe he is one already!  


The traditional Spring Fair photo in the tree with Kartikey and Baylor.  


Sharing fried foods of french fries and funnel cakes.  


Most of the games were indoors this year due to rain.  The kids really loved to beat each other up on this one.  


Mining for rocks he will never look at again.  ☺


Kartikey beating up another friend. 



It looks like it is going to be wet year!  


The dogs love their Bark Box day toys and treats.  


The grass on the one side of the yard came in nicely.  It was really long before I thought it was safe to mow it and let the dogs over there as well.  





More Asparagus patties!!  


May 23rd is Jake's birthday and he turned two this year.  We tried to put the party hat on him but he was not interested.  


He did sit well while we sang to him over his meatloaf cake with gravy glaze. 





Both dogs received bones as a party favor.  



Jake was more interested in watching Roxie than in enjoying his bone.  He has to be separated when they have high value treats because he is a jerk and goes after Roxie for just looking at him. 


But things are fine when there are no bones around.  


Well, well, well, another train on our way to work.  I must be leaving at the wrong time! 


The end of May we finally started on opening the pool.  Gross green as usual but that just goes with the pool sitting all winter. 


Baylor does not care at all and is always just excited to get into the pool as soon as he can.  



Roxie was not sure what was going on with the pool and just stayed away, on the wrong side of the fence, where I am trying to grow grass.  


Not too chilled from being in the pool and happy that he was.  


Friday night with quiet dogs.  



We were at Heather's and Ryder caught the ball in the bend of his leg!  He was quite impressed with himself.  


The kids went in the clean pool at the Hazel household.  


Back at our house Ryder and Baylor helped me clean out the pool more while I drained it down to where I could reset some of the poles.  Roxie had dug under one of the pads the legs sit on and it was sinking so I had to reset it. 



We had a little picnic outside in the nice spring weather.  



Sunday night we went to the drive in for the first time as a family.  We saw Solo and Avengers: Infinity War.  I cannot believe I made it until almost two in the morning by the time we got home. 



More Snapchat fun!! 





The pool all filled up, before the shocking started.  


I sent a photo of my pretty girl to her foster Mom Kate.  I keep in touch with her a few times a month to let her know Roxie is living a good life with us.  


A few days of shocking and filtering and we have clear water!  And Jake was so excited for the pool to be open.  He does love the water.  






We invited the girls over to join Baylor and Jake and they had a good time together.  




No comments:

Post a Comment