Saturday, July 7, 2018

Family Reunion 2018

This year Jamie and his family were able to make it to PA for the family reunion.  They came on Thursday and stayed until Sunday.  Baylor and I were able to meet them for dinner in Lancaster on Friday so we could spend more time with them.  We had a nice dinner together and like the good Aunt I am, I took lots of selfies with them! 




Baylor was happy to spend time with his cousins as well.  



After dinner Baylor and I followed them back to the house they were renting for this stay to have some more time with them. I had gifts for the kids, of course.  


I had Ryder with me and the boys really wanted to play by the covered bridge, which was not the safest place but it was not a busy one so I let them.  



I kept the kids with me so Laura could get some things done.  I want to have favorite Aunt status so I need to take them as often as I can!  




The house was off the road and near a creek.  It was a nice place for them to stay while they were visiting.  I hung outside with the kids until it was dark. The boys caught fireflies for Presley and Hubbard was happy just sitting on my lap talking.  









Saturday we headed to the reunion and had a good day with everyone.  I brought the bubbles and the kids had a lot of fun with them.  




I also brought water guns and buckets.  Thankfully there was a water spicket on the outside of the building. 






We were able to take some family photos, which was nice because we are all never together.  




When water is involved, it usually descends into chaos quickly.  


The kids played several games like the spoon race.  




And we did a candy toss again.  Even the older kids were up for that one.  




Gloria spent some Aunt time with her youngest nephew.  The other two are in their 30s!  


Brigid and Dad ran the Bingo game together.  


When we got home we had a nice evening by the fire pit.  Ryder built his first fire and did well under Baylor's tutelage. 







It is the 4th of July weekend so of course we had fireworks.  





And sparklers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment