Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April Catch Up

April 1st I had my first follow up at the Dr for my shoulder surgery.  He showed me a lot of photos of my insides around my shoulder. My favorite one was one he said, " see how your tendons look like crab meat?"  And they did.  But I only got a photo of the sutures holding my tendons together so they can heal.  On the 2nd, I started PT three days a week until I am recovered or run out of my 50 therapies a year.  


Since my surgery was on my parent's anniversary, they missed celebrating it. Actually, they cancelled their planned anniversary trip to help me.  So we went out to dinner at Hoss's a week later to at least celebrate their milestone.  They even received an anniversary dessert from the waitress.  She was their waitress on their 50th anniversary a few years ago and she remembered them.  





Good Morning. Are you ready for a brand new day? 


The potato is not.  I started working from home on the second as well and Roxie was happy to be my co-worker.  She did not get very much done but she was nice company.  


Facebook memories on the same day with Baylor and Kartikey, a few years apart.  

Coloring Easter eggs in Kindergarten. 


Trying out Karate in second grade. 


And in 2019, together for a sleep over.  


Another day in the office with the potato.  



Jake took over the bed, mainly because he can.  


I wished I could join them for their nap, but I was working now.  They are good dogs, when they are not after each other!! Or Jake is destroying something.  


Early morning find.  They are not hard to find, Gloria kicks off her socks in her sleep. 


I taught Mom how to Snapchat.  She has a lot to learn and I am sure I will have to go over it a few more times. 



Incisions healed well.  PT is only passive stretching by me and manual movements by the therapist.  


Gloria bought an inexpensive bow and arrow set.  She set up some hay bales to shot into. They had a little practice time and I wasn't to able to help because of being in the sling. 





Sometimes the socks make it outside.  She is a silly girl! 


The end of last summer I wrote myself a note of two flowers to plant in my yard in 2019.  I bought my seeds and now just have to get them planted.  



All three pets checking out the outside in the window.  


Eventually my parents had to go home and since I cannot drive, I arranged with the school for Baylor to ride the bus for six weeks until I got released to drive.  He was nervous for the first day because it was his first day for him but not everyone else.  I waited with him the first day, to make sure the bus stopped and to say good bye. 




After that, I lurked in the doorway or watching out the window.  He did not like his bus driver, not very friendly at all.  But he got to sleep in and then got home early so it was a balance.  


Roxie get all the fun photos so I have to remember to take some of Jake as well.  


He survived his first day with his saxophone on the bus. 


My 10 year old has a loose tooth.  They still give me the heeby geebies. 


My two beggars.  They are not too bad at begging but is does help holding treats when I want to take a group photo.  


Roxiehasasock 


Sometimes, I cannot keep up with Jake going in and out and I leave the door open.  Only when there are not a lot of flying bugs and tonight it was raining which make it nice to listen to.  


The new slip cover arrived for the loveseat and it fits perfectly.  I love it, and so does everyone else.  



This is the morning Kartikey discovered he loves my fired potatoes.  As he should, they are delicious. 


She hit the motherlode of socks.  She has a knack for finding them. 


I made spinach curry over pasta, which Baylor did not like though he likes Greeva's.  Well, Bob and I loved it.  


Jake really did a number on his toe nail.  It is broken pretty far back into the nail bed.  We took him to the vet and he needed to have it cut back as far as possible under sedation.  


And he went back into a cone until he heals. 


My sad dog. At least I got him a soft cone this time. 




He was still very tired when we picked him up at the vet.  


Crashed out on the 10 minute drive home.  We had to almost drag him out of the car.  


He got a blue warp over his toe.  Roxie was not sure what was going on with Jake.  


Jake was ready to just sleep it off. 


I love the loveseat. It brings the family together in a way that the beach never could.  



Roxie had her annual check up and lost two pounds since her February visit.  Good girl!! 


Jake and I made a lovey pair with our medical devices.  


Baylor photo edited a smiley face on the wrapping. 😄


Nothing stops him from enjoying his time outside.  He loves to be outside, especially on a nice day like today.  


The potato goes outside when it is necessary.  The rest of the time she spends inside near her people.  


Mom and Dad became dog owners again to a poodle named Gracie.  She lived with a family in Lancaster who was looking to find her a new home.  She kind of fell into my parent's life at the right time. She is little bit of a dog, around 8 pounds and only four years old. Mom and Dad are not going to know what to do with a dog who acts like a dog!  


Meanwhile, back on my loveseat, there is Jake being a doodlehead.  


And Roxie collecting socks. 


The family loveseat in the mornings.  


Roxie loves to nap on it as well.  


It is a full moon tonight and a lovely one at that. 


Baylor had bacon for breakfast and the dogs let him know they too like bacon.  


The tooth it out of there.  Thank goodness, I hate seeing teeth leaning out of their socket.  


And then he put a smiley face on the real wrapping.  He only had to wear it for four days.  The vet thought it was funny it had the face on it.  


Checking out the neighbors again.  


Hanging outside again. 


He won't let me get too close to his foot and he has to wear the code for another week or so but his nail looks pretty good.  And the trimmed all the other nails while he was out. 


Baylor's flowering pear is always beautiful in the spring.  It is loaded with white flowers.  


And the maples are lovely as they leaf out as well.  They have red flowers and then the pale green leaves and helicopter seeds. 


Neither one of them liked the ears for their photos.  But I tried anyway. 



The would much rather sleep on the loveseat!  


He looks like he has given up trying to stop me from putting it on his head!  He doesn't understand all I need is one good photo and I will stop!  


The Easter bunny vacuumed the living room for me!! Best Easter gift a Mom can get.  


Easter dinner at our house.  It was a small crowd, just my parents and us. But we had nice meal together and nice celebration. 


Roxiehasasock 


and another one 


and another one 


One of Baylor's Easter gifts was the tactical mask.  He loved his new get up.  


Sweet potato napping on me on the loveseat.  


Oh what a beautiful sunset over Lisburn.



Jake reporting for guard duty.  He had a rough middle of the month but came out just fine at the end of it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment