Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Appl.e Cart

This is Gloria at 3 years old, she will be 40 this month.  She is Baylor's appl.e cart he was lucky to fall into when he was born. 
                                                   
Here she is when she was 10 and starting to express her fashion sense.  She did love the leisure suit. She did grow up to embrace the 80's and held on to it for almost 20 years!  She still had a mullet when we met but she is a lesbian after all.  There were not that many proper hair choices for her. 

                                                 
This is by far my favorite photo of her and makes me laugh every time I see it.  She is the girl with the angry eyes glaring from behind the great hand me down glasses.  The story behind the glare is her middle sister Carolynn got car sick on the way to the photo shoot and threw up on Gloria.  Her oldest sister Brenda had the flannel shirt in her car and put it on Gloria and she was not happy with it all.  Nothing was making her smile for this photo.  She was very lucky to have grown up with her wonderful sisters but unfortunately, she is the only one alive now.  Brenda died the March before we got together and Carolynn died when Gloria was 15.  It still surprises her how much she misses them and I know she wishes they could meet Baylor. 

1 comment:

  1. 40???
    I wonder what I'll be like when I'm that old. Oh wait, I've been there, done that. I love the moody photo too. I didn't know about her Sisters. Very sad. We all have a History, don't we.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete