Since we had fish outside and would need to bring them inside, I bought an aquarium off craigslist. When we went to pick it up Meme was here. We told him we were going to get him a fish tank and he asked us if we would get him an aquarium. Hmmmm.. I liked it because it was tall and bow front and would fit on a cabinet we already have in the living room.
I decided to reseal the bottom and looked it up online. It did not seem much different than sealing the bathtub and I knew I could do that. Well, bending into a small space of a fish tank is a bit harder than moving around the bathtub but I finished it. I filled it up on the driveway and it sat all morning and did not seem to be leaking. I drained it and brought it inside.
Today we went to That Fish Place in Lancaster to get the stuff we needed to set up the tank; filters, bubbler, decorations, and stuff. We called Molly who met us there before her chicken gig at noon but more on that later.
There was a kid once that called the store that Shark Place because of the one over the door.
I have not been in the store for about 10 years and it is not like I remembered it but it was still fun. We hi-jacked an employee who was very helpful in helping us find everything we needed to get the tank set up. After that was done we looked at the Pirate's Cove to see the sharks and rays. It is a petting tank but Baylor was having none of it. He was pretty whiny the entire time which was not helping the whole experience anyway.
The shark is in the middle of the photo half under a rock.
Finally we made it into the fish room. I thought he would enjoy it more but he pretty much whined the whole time to leave and go somewhere else.
The frog tank.
There were lots of interesting, creepy, and pretty fish but I was usually holding him trying to catch his interest in something.
After check out, we went with Molly to her church that was having a chicken dinner sale. She was to be on the lawn inviting people in but after she suited up, they told her they were out of chicken and were going to clean up. It may have been a good thing because it started raining anyway.
Which made Baylor happy because he was able to use his umbrella.
We took Molly out to dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant, Hong Kong Garden. I forget how good it is until I go back. I love it!! Then we went to Molly's to see her new cat who scratched Baylor's forehead! Once he started getting out of control and throwing things, I took him home. He was asleep within minutes and stayed asleep for 3 hours. It was fun going to the store but even better to see Molly! Next we get to start setting up the aquarium!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment