Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ok, this is the last party for Baylor. I promise.

I originally did not want any 'parties' for Baylor this year because I think we still have things from last year we still have not played with!  But one thing lead to another and I just needed to have a small cake and ice cream party with some kids for him.  I invited a few close friends with kids that Baylor plays with to share some ice cream cake.  I had a gift card to Cold*Stone to use so his red velvet with cake batter ice cream cake was nearly free!  But I thought we might need another so I picked up a chocolate peanut butter cake too!  Yum!!  Grandma and Buddy arrived while we were picking up the cake across the river.  Baylor fell asleep before we crossed back and that 20 minute nap to the house was the only one he had all day.  My cousin Heather brought Connor and Brigid, the neighbors Mandy, Natalie and Vanessa arrived next.  Megan and her sister Brittany came without Addy.  Megan said Addy was a hot mess that day and was not party ready!!  I completely understood that!  Once everyone was here we got down to business with the singing and candles! I was not looking at the photos and did not realized the sun was jacking up the picture! 


Baylor needed some help reaching the candles and Megan stepped in to help out. 


After cake and gifts, the kids went outside to play. It was a gorgeous sunny day and I love when he has someone to play with outside.  Usually that is my job and I don't fit on the slide very well!  Grandma Karen and Grandpa Ron stopped by also!  She bought him some really cute Christmas ornaments, birds and fish, and a new book.  He loved them.


After everyone left other that Mom and Dad, Baylor wanted to take a new bull dozer toy outside so I took the time to decorate the new branches on the deck and make the tomato cage trees.  It was really helpful having Mom and Dad there to help.  I have red poinsettias and white and blue snowflakes.  It is a bit too patriotic for this time of year and I will have to get some colored lights or at least some green lights.  This is on the deck and birds use to to land on before going to the feeders.  And it is a great place for lights! 


I took out the jack o'lantern lights and put up the snowman lights.  Between Mom and Dad and I we made the tomato cage trees.


I found them on Pinterst, which is my new addiction.  The stakes are there because Baylor will rip them out when I am not looking.  They cannot be seen when it is dark.


It is early for lights but like everyone else, things book up quickly this time of year and I needed to take advantage of having assistance!  But Christmas is coming fast and I want to be ready. 


1 comment:

  1. OMG, pinterest... I will follow you. I'm also crazy for it!

    ReplyDelete