Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easter Part Two

The week after Easter Baylor's sniffles turned into a sinus infection and then worse still.  Tuesday Lori called me around 3:00 to tell me he woke up from his nap with his eyes pasted shut and they were just running with eye goop.  She made an appointment for that evening at 6:30.  We took him to see Dr. Barnes who said it was pink eye.  He could not confirm it was viral pink eye but most likely the sinus infection went into his eyes. He gave us eye drops and an oral antibiotic to use if they drops did not help by Friday. Baylor usually does not mind eye drops but he got into a panic about these eye drops.  He needed to lay in bed, holding Lori and Meme's hands with my trying to get the milky thick drops into his wiggling head with clamped shut eyes.  We warned him his eyes may be stuck shut in the morning but when I went get him in the morning I asked if his were shut.  He told me no he got them open with his fingers. We repeated the routine until Lori put him on the oral meds because she panicked at the color of his snot.  Until it all cleared up his little face and eyes were swollen. 
 
 
I swear he grows every night.  He barely can stretch his legs out in these jammies. 

 
Saturday was a beautiful day and after swim class we went home to work in the gardens.  Spring has finally arrived and it is already ahead of me.  Baylor was a good helper until I needed water.  Then he was off to his first swamping of the season.  

 
While he was swamping I worked on removing the rusted fence from the veggie garden.  Dad and I are going to put up new fencing in a few weeks but I wanted to get the old stuff off before the raspberries were growing too much.  We also planted four broccoli plants we picked up at the store.  I weeded and raked the first bed and the horseradish and rhubarb gardens. There is still plenty to weed but it was at least a start. While Baylor planted some violets in the flower garden I did a bit of weeding there also. 

 
In the afternoon I worked on the fish tanks.  I had bought two more panda cat fish for the small tank a few weeks ago and wanted to catch the three in the big tank. Which is not an easy task with all the plants, rocks, and huge piece of wood.  But I did catch them even the little baby they made! He is so tiny but has grown a bit since I initially found him. 

 
There were five adults but earlier this week we lost the one that was sick.  I have been treating his fungus infection that had eaten off his tail,  He was doing well until this weekend and when I added a bit more sand something happened to him and I don't think he could handle it.  I found him Tuesday morning on the bottom.   

 
Everyone else is doing well with their betta friend. 

 
Baylor did not nap that day and after swamping he wanted his bath and into jammies.  As you can see it was still light out when he feel asleep sitting up watching a movie on the computer. 

 
Sunday Mom and Dad, Heather and the kids and I and Baylor celebrated Easter together.  It was fun being able to shop for Easter stuff after Easter at at least 50 % off!  The buckets were pretty cheap and great for hunting eggs. 
 
 
I had the boys hunt for eggs outside the fence so Brigid could hunt in peace and have a chance to find some. 


 
After they were done then went to help Brigid who had done a really good job on her own. 

 
And then they all went off to see if any eggs were missed.

 
Sweet Brigid will be two this month.  Her first Easter here she was two days from being born.


 
Heather hooked into the laptop, I hooked that up to the TV and she was able to show us her photos from her vacation in Chili the week before.  The boys were playing outside.  Brigid received a tiny doll potty in her Easter basket at home.  She had just told me she needed a diaper change but right before she would lay down for me she opened her little potty for a practice wee.  We all laughed as it was so cute! 
 

 
We had a really nice meal of good old Pennsylvania Dutch foods: hog maw, the best I have ever made, pepper cabbage, the first I have ever made, green beans, salad with hot bacon dressing (I made the dressing), corn relish, chow chow, bread (a no knead awesome recipe), asparagus, and a pickle and olive tray.  I made baked chicken, green beans, and cucumbers and carrots for the kids.  Then the adults had chocolate cake with peanut butter icing and the kids had ice cream and candy.  It was a good day! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment