Friday, May 10, 2013

Brigid is Two

When Connor was born I had a baby blanket made up by the time Heather had her baby shower.  It was embroidered pictures, pieced green and white blocks and machine quilted.  As with most second children, Brigid had to wait for her quilt. Two years after she was born.  But I saw an easy way to make a quilt with lots of fabric and very little piecing.  And I bought some fun trims to add a bit of interest.   This is the back. I rotated the direction of the bands on this side.  

 

This is the front but it really does not matter which side is up.  I used the trims to cover the seams.  I found a nice flannel sheet at the thrift store and it was on 50% off Tuesday so I only paid $3.00 for the queen sheet.  I have fabric and trims left over to make a baby doll blanket for later this year.  


I especially love the jumbo rick rack!  It is over two inches wide.  I love it.  


I had planned to arrive early to help Heather get ready but my mind does funny things when it comes to time.  I am often late because I get the wrong departure time in my head. I missed a flight home once (with my boss) because of this.  I was late to work at a job, on the first day of work.  It is something I have never been able to work around this either.  So we arrived just in time for the party and not to help.  I really felt bad because there was nothing going on at home that was making me late, just my silly pooh bear brains.  

Brigid was dressed in a cute pillowcase top Heather made her.  Heather plans on changing the number on the corner as she ages so she can wear it for many years to come.  


And the theme was Elmo.  











She had a nice dinner of Kenny's Fried Chicken (the local grocery store) homemade mac and cheese and some other yummies!  

.
After the kids were fed Heather did one of the games.  She said not all the ducks were winners because she thinks not every one can be a winner in the games. Like when we were kids.  



So when Brigid went first and pulled a non winning ticket, I leaned down to her and said in a sweet, sappy voice, 'Aww Brigid, your a loser.' And I was just teasing Heather more than Brigid.  And then the other kids started pulling losing ducks and started whining that they wanted a balloon too.  It was too much for Heather. She caved and handed balloons to everyone.  


Brigid has a Mimi too, Heather's mom Cindy.  And Brigid is as attached to her Mimi as Baylor is to his Meme.  She used to be my aunt but she divorced my uncle years ago. I am not sure how many men she has dated, lived with, been engaged to, and or married in all that time.  She  is one woman who will never find happiness with one man.  It is a bid sad but Heather has a good attitude about it.  She is her mom after all.


And then it was time for the gifts.  Being two, it was not really a huge deal for her but she had plenty of assistant to help unwrap and keep things moving to the next gift they wanted to open for her.  




Even Charlie came out the to help.  He ended up walking through the balloons and carrying them off to the kitchen before they could get his legs out of the strings.  



I know Heather liked the quit and I received a text for her that evening that Brigid was using it already.  


After gifts it was time for cupcakes and ice cream.  


She was not interested in blowing out any candles. She was a bit more daring than that and wanted to pinch them out!  


Don't worry, it was already out before she touched it.  


There was Baylor, Kylie, Connor, Maclen, Delaney, and Brigid celebrating together. 


Brigid loved her cupcake and I know all the kids did.  



Even Baylor!  


Brigid found some jello and helped herself.  


Before all the kids left there was one more game, Place the Nose on Elmo.  There was a clear winner and I am pretty sure she could see because she had it lined up perfectly.  But no worries, it was only a game. 


I could not get a photo of Baylor's turn because there were too many bodies in the way but he enjoyed his turn. 



We really loved being a part of Brigid's birthday celebration.  





No comments:

Post a Comment