Saturday, May 25, 2013

Camping Wednesday

Wednesday morning it was still cool but no real rain falling.  We all walked to the beach but only Mom, Baylor and I stayed as it was quite cool and breezy on the water.  Since I was there for Baylor's enjoyment, I was willing to be a bit cold as long as he was fine and having fun.  He can tolerate the cold as long as he is not tired and having more fun than the cold is bothersome.  I brought a fun bag with us of course.  We had the nets, viewing container for creatures, a bucket, and bubbles of course.  What is a trip the to lake without bubbles I ask you? 



 Mom had the camera and was taking the photos. I hate being on this side of the camera but it is all good in the end. 




He did not wade in to far but my water boy cannot stay out of water for long.  


We walked down the beach a bit but there were no creatures to catch, not even minnows or anything.  


After that the three of us went on another trail that was off the cabin road.  Near the top of the square in the middle of the map is a small blue cabin.  That is where we were. The dashed line is the trail we started out on. 


See the stick? I think there was always a stick involved all week.  This one he and I played a step on the stick game.  Once I stepped on the stick, it was my turn to have him chase the stick.  The difference is I made it hard for him and he would put the stick right in front of me to step on.  He is very thoughtful that way.  When we play hide and seek, he will wave or hollar out where he is hiding to make it easier for me to find him.  And it does not ruin the fun for him either.  I love that about him.  


This trail lead to several trails. Baylor made sure I was prepared with his umbrella and while it was mere sprinkle he felt he needed to be protected. 



We went down to to where these two trails meet and walked a bit of both.  And by a bit, I mean a few hundred feet.  Mom has hip problems if she walks too long.  


The trail split at the point on the map that shows Dam Breast.  I do not know the history of the dam but it is no longer holding back any water.



We walked a bit down the Mountain Springs Trail that ran along the water way.  We did not go very far.  


I played with camera settings to see if I could change the effects. Nothing crazy of course, I rarely take time for photo editing.  



But we took photos to prove that Mom was there.  Neither of us are big on exercise but I am better and plowing on than she is.  Baylor will keep moving as long as he is having fun.  But Mom did really well.  






After the walk we had lunch and while that was going on, I heated some rocks in the fire.  I bought glitter and metallic crayons and showed him how to color the hot rocks.  He was very good at not touching the rocks ad just coloring them. 




We let the pile cool off for several hours and he was very proud of his work.  He took one to school this week to show his teacher.  


I love making camp pies with butter, bread, and pie filling but I brought some pie dough to try making a real pie.  It worked out very well we all decided.  




No comments:

Post a Comment