All Summer I have been a week or so behind but we are busy and when I sit down I do not always feel like thinking about things. So I end up endlessly pinning and dreaming about things to make or eat. Anyway, we have another busy weekend ahead of us and I do not want to get too behind. Last Saturday we did some grocery shopping in the morning, played in the afternoon and went to Sarah and Tim's for a cookout. Sarah is one of the teachers at preschool, the owner's daughter, and the mother of one of Baylor's buddies, Sean. They are both sensitive boys and really get along together.
They even had Baylor try a video game, racing of course. We have a Wii but he is not very interested in it and I don't encourage it either. I do not really want to be stuck playing endless games.
Sunday morning we went to Heather and John's campground for the first time. They bought the camper from her mom and this is their first summer. We stopped at a nice fruit stand on the way there (and again on the way home) for peaches, pears, Honey Crisp apples and corn. I froze the peaches and corn and we ate the pears and apples. The campground was nice and I can see why people like them.
They took Baylor tubing. It was his first trip in a tube and I know when the boys are older we will be able to drop them off on our creek and they can walk home from our creek landing. They water was really cold on their butts but Baylor enjoyed it. Heather said he did really good until they were getting out. He got a bit panicked when he did not see me there waiting for him. I was at the camp playing with Brigid. But he walked back with them without any break downs. Him and Connor played with Connor's army set for the rest of the afternoon. They had fishing lines in the creek and caught a tiny catfish but they let it go of course.
Brigid was obsessed with looking at the photos on my phone especially the ones of her family going down the creek. We wore out the battery rather quickly!
Brigid and I had walked down to the creek to play and over on a rock I saw what at first thought was a bent stick. On closer inspection I discovered it was a huge spider. HUGE! Like enormous compared to any in the wild spider I have ever seen. So I took a photo and we moved away from the spider.
When they got back we had some lunch and then icebox cake I had made. It was super easy and super wonderful. Just whipped cream and chocolate wafer cookies. Yum! We helped Heather pack up the camper and headed home at 3:30. Baylor fell asleep after the stop at Peter's Mountain fruit stand for more peaches.
One night I saw the hummingbird moth on some flowers in the garden. I ran inside for the camera and luckily he was still there when I got back. This is the first year I have seen one and he has been around all summer. I feel really lucky to have him.
I put the Flash mask on Eddy and although she did not really like it, she tolerated it for the most part. Baylor tired to he help her and I just love seeing my two children loving each other.
While I was trying to get a photo of Eddy, Baylor was playing dog with his slinky dog. I had three puppies at one point.
We made a fort on the couch with the cushions for Baylor. He wanted a computer in there to watch Netflix but we did not accommodate. So he got his Leapfrog for something to do in there. He was cute and loved his fort.
Monday when we were off work and Lori was home with us, we moved the other dresser into the garage to finally finish painting it. I really rushed through it and did not do as much detail work like I did on the other dresser but it turned out just fine. Now they match finally!
Until next time.....










No comments:
Post a Comment