Saturday morning we slept in a bit and after getting up, I packed our bags for swimming class for a sleep over at Grandma and Buddy's. On the way to class we 'raced' a train and when we pulled into the parking lot at the college the train was racing by us. Which is of course is still enormous fun for both of us.
He is in level One for the the third try. I know it takes a few classes to learn the skills and he is excited to go. He has a new teacher and I don't think she is as personal with them as he is used to. There are two girls in the class with him so he will get lots of turns in the rotation. At the end of class he was cold, freezing he said. So much so that he was crying! We dried off, changed and headed to Lancaster.
We had to go on Rt 30 on the east side of Lancaster. There are signs that say the speed limit is 40 but I am not sure we ever got over 15 with all the usual traffic.
But we did get to see Santa walking along the road. Perhaps the reindeer and sleigh were broken down somewhere, I am not too sure.
Our goal was the Whoppie Pie Festival, because who would not love a festival with hundreds of whoopie pies? We did go a few years ago but he was too young to remember it. We took a chance and were lucky to find a parking space on the hotel property although Baylor would have loved to had a ride on the shuttle bus. I hope he still has that enthusiasm next year when he starts school. We walked down the path and I tried to get him into the buggy for a photo. He slept the whole way so he was not awake and was pretty shy about things. But he did a great job taking a photo of me. Not that I like my photo but he enjoyed taking it.
Then he was ready to have his photo taken and then I took the photo for two couples in the wagon.
We walked the craft tents to see if the metal garden stand guy was there and he was. We checked out the goods, made notes of which one we wanted and headed off for lunch. This year they had the pies in the tent and crowd control of entering at one end and checking out at the other. This year he got to pick out his own flavors and I got to send him off to pick out a few while I kept our place in line. The tent was packed and at 1:00 they were already sold out of many flavor options.
We needed something to eat while we stood in line for something for lunch. Baylor chose a banana pie with buttercream filling. He enjoyed eating half of it but it was really hot in the sun and he wrapped up the rest for later. We shared chicken tender, fries and a root beer. Then he was ready to play!
First he wanted to play on the pirate ship. It is the same model that they have at the pumpkin farm but they have cool swings on theirs.
Checking for sharks.
He still will not go down the pole by himself which is why I am inside with him. Again, just like at the pumpkin farm.
When he was done climbing, sliding, pirating and shark checking, he was ready for the slide. It was $3 for two slides (and I know from looking last week they are not too bad to rent so they made good money). And he loved it of course. In a few weeks he can go on the one at the construction rodeo for free!
Notice how the girl kicked his butt climbing the ropes?
But she did not want to race down so he went first.
And then to bounce house (same price for three minutes). He was in there with one other boy so they had lots of room .
Then we went back for our garden art. Someone bought the smiley face plate flower Baylor had his eye on (darn it) and he picked a seahorse that I approved of. I would have loved the giant dragonfly but I did not have the cash to buy it also.
On the way out Baylor was ready for a photo with the giant farmer (his description). He went first this time and then he took my photo. Then a nice lady stopped and offered to take a photo of us together. Very sweet offer which we took her up on of course.
(see the seahorse standing next to me)
We headed to Grandma and Buddy's for a sleep over. Not much happened there, standard visit. Baylor did lay out Grandma's photo blanket and watched some TV. He enjoys picking out the photos though he does not remember any of them. I made them the Christmas he was two for both Grandmas gifts.









No comments:
Post a Comment