Tonight was pumpkin carving night. He has been looking forward to this for weeks, since pumpkins started showing up in the stores. He has one pumpkin we bought in September that I let him paint and then Lori bought Ironman things to put in the pumpkin. It has held up but he really wants to carve. We washed two of the sad pumpkins and spread out the sheet on the floor. He wanted one happy, smiling face on his pumpkin, I was allowed to make a scary face on mine. My babies smiling for Mommy!
He was really excited to start carving and I was trying to steer him away from another acupumpkin like we had last year.
He really tried to carve and use some of the other tools we have. And of course I let him.
He did get the knife in but really had a hard time controlling it. He is only four but very determined.
I tried to gouge out an outline of the round eyes he wanted. He managed a few millimeters of actual cutting and I helped him with the rest.
He wanted a H shaped nose and he drew the mouth and I followed his tracing.
He was very pleased with his work!
And then he was done I made my scary Jack.
I think they turned out great.
And their seeds are now roasting in the oven. One pan with sugar and pumpkin spice and the other with seasoned salt. Yummy!
I love your pumpkins! Can't wait to see them on Saturday!
ReplyDelete