This weekend was the trip to the Reynolds Farm with Amy, Julie and Cullen. We were hoping to have Tara, Julie and Lucas join us but Julie and Amy had to change the date at the last minute. We were sorry they could not make it but I know they still had a great pumpkin adventure. Baylor and I were remarkably on time (our two families usually run on lebian time which is about 10 to 30 minutes late) so we took a few photos before they arrived.
When I parked I spied a car I recognized and looking around I confirmed it was the one I thought it was. Julie and I meet through another two mommy family. Over the course of time, we both disconnected from them but we remained close friends. I really did not want to cross paths with them and I preformed an avoidance game. I did not want to accidentally make eye contact and have to say Hi, how are you? because I really did not want to know. But the boys were clearly happy to see each other and ran into each others arms. They have been friends since Baylor was 10 months old and Cullen was almost a year old. They are only 6 or 7 weeks apart. I love they are such good friends.
Of course the first thing they both wanted to do was ride the barrel cars.
And then ride the tractor wagon up to the pumpkin fields. They think they are picking out pumpkins but it is really a photo shoot.
And then off to play in the playground. This was where I had to do my best avoidance moves. Julie and Any humored me but Julie said whenever they run into each other around town Beth just ignores them anyway. First we feed the goats.
Raced on unwieldy tricycles.
Bounced and jumped on the hay.
Raced up the hay mountain.
Ran though the maze.
And when strategy did not work, cheat and run over the bales.
Then I took him to the Corn Cannon, three shots for $1.00. He could do it himself he said.
And on his third shot he hit the deer. The man running the canons gave him a high five and said Baylor was the first to hit the deer that day,
Afterward we went to Waynesburger for delicious lunch. Cullen rode with us again this year and I loved hearing the boys chattering with each other. After yummy Gyros, onion rings, Waynesburgers, french fries and milkshakes we headed to their house so the boys could play more and Julie and Amy could watch the Ravens/Steelers game. They are each a fan of one team and had their team shirts on. At Waynesburger someone commented on their shirts that it was a fight waiting to happen. Cullen rode with us again and the boys yapped the entire way. They had a good time playing and we left after the game. (for posterity's sake Steelers won in the last few seconds, Julie was a happy lady) The next morning when I was waking Baylor up, I asked him if he had a good day yesterday. He said it was better than good, it was awesome. I would have to agree.
No comments:
Post a Comment