Sunday, June 19, 2016

Round Up

6-13
Soon, very soon.  Soon the black raspberries will be ready to eat!  They are loaded with fruit.  


We have birds in the bird house.  From researching the species, it appears to be a tree swallow.  We are not sure if there are babies in there but we have seen the parent drinking from our pool.  Blech.


internet photo

6-14

Grandpa's snowball bushes and my climbing red rose are all happy together. 


I think I need to work more on my weight, I like how I look without my waddle!   

6-15

On the way to COF we saw a blimp.  Baylor was first with Bump Sky Bye-bye


Meme and Pap are staying overnight for an appointment tomorrow so we met them for dinner. Partly so I did not have to come home and cook and partly so we could celebrate an early Father's Day for Pap.  



6-16

Bad day, no pictures today

6-17

Work is collaborating with Box Tops and at company store there were two pallets of product with Box Tops.  I took my box cutter out there and cut off all the tops from a pallet of toilet bowl cleaner and most of the pallet of wipes. I could not get to the bottom layer to get the others.  Then I spent the rest of the day cutting the tops off the cardboard.  I said Baylor is so going to win the box tops this year and Bob corrected me that I am going to win.  Whatever.  


My cousin is in TN and had asked me to check on their cats for the weekend.  I sent her girlfriend photos of the cats to prove I was there and they were fine.  You know two girls with cats, they are their kids.  I did not have Baylor so they warmed up to me quite quickly.  




I didn't tell Grimm that I have new friends.  


On the way home I stopped at a local Mom and Pop convenience store I have been driving past for the last 12 years.  It is a few miles away but in the drive past on the way to York area for me and I never think of it.  But if we get into a bind for some basic stuff, they are the closest place really.  It was a nice little store and I am glad I stopped.  

The hollyhock is finally blooming.  They came with the house and last year I did not have any plants come up.  I was so excited to see them this year.  


And I checked my raspberries and someone has clearly been eating them!  


6-18

Checked on the kitties tonight.  Tried to get a photo of the two of them but it was taking too much time to get them picked up and the phone set up right.  Then the boxing ensued. 


But they ate well. 


Then sat with me in the living room for some cat standoffish together time.  On the way home I stopped at the Bobcat Creamery to see what they had.  I looked around at the tables and thought it must have been senior citizen happy hour.  I was the youngest person in there!  I had a small double chocolate blizzard-like creation and ate it on the way home. 


When I got home the pork was done on the smoker.  I made ribs and a pork shoulder.  Yummy! 


6-19

Gloria was home and we did some running around in the morning to get the pool water tested, a fishing license for Gloria, and a new canopy for the patio.  After all that shopping, we had lunch at TGI Fridays. 


Silly face kid! 


He loves bread of almost all sorts.  He ate the bread stick that came with Gloria's salad and used it as a bread finger. 


When we got home we all got ready to go to the creek so Baylor and Gloria could get in some fishing. Being a holiday, Father's Day, and a gorgeous day, the usual places were packed with people and we had to find another place to cast.  


It was not the best place to actually catch fish but Baylor loves casting and is always hopeful he will catch something. 





I don't have a license so I just help Baylor and take photos. I found some dancing dragonflies. 


Who ended up making sweet love right beside us.  


After about 30 to 45 minutes of fishing, they were both done and wanted to go swimming at home.  


While they swam, I grilled chicken, watered plants, ate black raspberries. Just a lot of my usual puttering around stuff.  It was nice having Gloria home to help out with Baylor and do things as a family. 


Then I went to check on the cats for the last time.  Tiggy and Jetta were happy to see me but will be much happier when their mom's come home later this week.  But it was fun checking on them for the weekend.  





No comments:

Post a Comment