Friday, August 19, 2016

Round Up

8-13

Out shopping after dropping Baylor off to play with Landon, I saw this sign at a local car lot.  Very true in my office. 


When Baylor came home we walked over to the fair, after checking out the beautiful sky on the short walk across the alley. 


As we were crossing through the tree hedges we spotted Molly and her family and joined them for the rest of the night.  The kids were able to ride rides together which was nice for both of them. 


The Merry Go Round was a nice one.  In kindergarten Baylor had a crush on Molly but she liked Carson so he wisely moved on. But they remained friends of course.  



Baylor did this one by himself. Molly's dad pulled her off before it got started.  I don't know if he knows her better than she does or if he didn't think she would like it but she got off either way. Baylor loved it of course. 



Baylor played a game an won some beans and a tiny stuffed ball for her.  


She was not interested in the bounce house but Baylor was.  He still loves the fun house even though he is pretty big for it. 


Molly's dad works for the EMS and gave the kids a private tour of the ambulance.  


He told me the sheets are color coded by hospital but they all go in the same wash bin where ever they are taking the patient. 


Molly was completely comfortable in the ambulance and lay down in the cool air conditioned comfort. 


We were excited to see the Lego man there!! We told him he was now in our back yard!  Baylor of course picked out some new mini-figures. 


There was a tent with large fans with misting water to cool off with, or goof off if you are seven.  


The kids wanted to do the hay ride, by themselves!  So Lori and I stayed behind with little Sabrina waiting for them to come back.  I am not sure if Baylor is trying to look cool or comfortable. Never to early to practice either.  



He wanted to try the dunk tank and came close on his three tries but not quite on the mark.  


We rode this one together.  The guy showed me how to use the break to make it flip which after two or three times going over, he asked me to stop.  It was fun going up with him!  


He played a few midway games but I had to limit it.  It is so spendy and we just got back from vacation and did not have much spending money left.  


8-14

I found this giant cuke hiding the vines. I must have missed it before vacation. 


I found this little critter nearly drowning in the fountain.  I pulled it out and put it on the flower in the next container over so it could dry out.  


Landon came over in the afternoon to play and the boys had a good time. 


8-15
Monday morning Gloria finally had her surgery to remove a lump on her neck and have a fine needle aspiration on a pituitary tumor.  
Before


After
The tumor in her neck was small and benign and the pituitary sample had to be sent to pathology. It was out patient and we went out to lunch afterward.  She went to bed when we got home and puttered around until it was time to pick up Baylor. 


While we were gone the summer camp had their pine car derby race and Baylor came in second.  He was so proud of his trophy!! We put in the living room on a shelf!  


 8-16

Baylor wrote me a love poem based on a poem from Teen Titans.  I love it! 


8-17

We said hello to our old friend the train this morning.  Over 160 cars. 


The annual black eyed Susan's are in all their golden glory. 


I do love the face thinning filter on Snapchat! 


8-18

Julie sent me a Snap of Lochlan bee!  I cannot believe he will be two in just a few days.  


Last night we put calamine on a few spots on Baylor's arm thinking they were bug bites but in the morning after his bath I could tell he was breaking out in plant poison.  Probably ivy but we cannot figure out when he was exposed.  Vacation was too far away and Monday at camp they went bowling and I am not sure they spent much time outside.  It was all over his legs and arms.  And he face was spotty!  And itchy!!  He handled my diagnosis well and we worked getting the spots covered in pink calamine to get him through the day and brought it to camp in case he needed more. 



I had him do a Snapchat to sent to Grandma because today is her birthday.  He chose the glasses and braces filter. She liked it.  



8-19

Friday we had company store and I hit the pallet of toilet bowl cleaner and cut off all the box tops that were there.  That is $.80 a box flap for the school and is worth it. 


I did the whole pallet that was there. This is it when I was done and before I had to restack the pallet.  


And then I spent the rest of the afternoon trimming them up.  And I plan on having Baylor help count them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment