Jake taught Roxie to stalk the neighbors and they both did in turns this morning. I sent Mandy photos of the dogs watching in case they had a feeling they were being watched.
And when I come home on Tuesday, when Gloria is off, the dogs are there watching for me as well. This night did not end well as we found Dave in his bathroom dead from an apparent heroin overdose. It was not a good night. That is all I have to say about that.
Life goes on for the rest of us. For me, that meant later that week getting ready for the gingy party on the weekend. I was not able to make the houses over Thanksgiving weekend because I was not home so I was rushing every evening and morning to make houses. Well, rushing makes a big mess when you tip the flour into the bowl and accidentally move the speed lever to high!
Hey, it is a train!!!
Friday I was off to get ready for the party and drove to Lancaster to pick up Mom so I could have her for the weekend! We went to Green Dragon together, did not get much but always a good way to spend time on a Friday!
Shopping for some yummy canned items for Christmas gifts.
We split a delicious donut!! It was so hard to choose which one.
Jake was a tired dog from daycare and took his evening nap in bed instead of on the couch. He had to move at bedtime though.
Saturday we attended the funeral for Dave and it was awesome to see such a full church of friends, co-workers and family there. We went out to lunch with Meme, Pap and Jason afterwards and headed home.
Mom had a willing helper Sunday morning to get ready to party. Well, Roxie was mostly interested in eating.
We invited the Hazel's, the McGraws and the Dwyer-Allens. They Dwyer-Allens could not make it this year so I invited the Nelsons and Pancholis to join us.
Once Baylor was done with his house, he whiled away his time waiting for the other kids to finish.
Roxie loves Greeva and Kartikey, a lot!!
I ended up doing two houses, one was red, white and green.
And the other was white and blue.
Baylor was quite pleased with his as well! And with that, the party was over and the house patterns put away for another year!



































No comments:
Post a Comment