Sunday, September 19, 2010

Choc.olate Pupcakes with peanut butter frosting

Baylor and I were supposed to do to a picnic today with a couple of families like ours, same sex parents and their kidlets.  We made dessert for the picnic but ended up not being able to go because Saturday when Baylor woke up from his nap, at Sonic, his nose started running and it has not stopped.  He had a hard time sleeping last night because of the congestion and took both naps today sitting up on my lap.  I really wish the recliner was still upstairs!  We did make the cup cakes before he was too sick and he did not try to touch anything. And his hands were washed too so he was safe around food.  He likes to sit on the counter and he loves the noisy as he calls the mixer.
Putting the papers in the pan.

Adding the flour.

The yummy frosting.


The finished pupcakes.


We went to the Wh.oopie Pie Festival in Lancaster on Saturday with Yaya and Buddy.  It we pretty neat and lots of Whoopie Pies.  I bought some very small ones for Baylor and after he ate it he said Yum Good. More please!  Dad did the Whoopie Pie toss.  He came close to the targets but did not make a hit.   We lost a woobie there, which made the rest of the afternoon a bit rough.  Woobie is Baylor's comfort blanket.  Thankfully we have three others in reserve.  They were used as a nose wipe all day today and one is in the wash right now.  One day I came home and he was at the back door with three clutched in his hands saying, three Woobie, three Woobie!  He had found two in the laundry room and was thrilled.




1 comment:

  1. We all missed you yesterday. When I post pictures of the day, it may look like we were happy but it was just for show. We were miserable without you guys. I hope that Baylor feels better.
    I love the photos of the pies in the oven and the mixer. I think they are great pictures. It looks like a Bakery Blog.
    And ah, why didn't you ever tell me of a Whoopie Pie Festival???
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete