Saturday, February 26, 2011

Spring is coming!


Slightly out of focus but you get the idea.  Spring is coming and this weekend it visited the PA Garden Show.  Molly came over to join us in our field trip.  We met working at a perennial plant supplier and our gardening together and plant shopping goes way back.  For Baylor the best part of the adventure was riding the school bus to and from the Farm Show Complex.  There was also a Horse Show going on at the other end of the complex so there was a bonus of seeing a horse walking around outside. 


I asked him to walk down a path on an exhibit and he wanted to head into the 'woods' of course.  I did not have a stroller and he did not want me to take Monkey Do, the monkey backpack with a leash, and he did really well just holding my hand. 


He picked out his Snoopy snow globe shirt to wear today.  As we all know he has great fashion sense!


He is a water baby and I should look sometime if water is part of his zodiac sign.  Not that I am a true believer in that stuff but is does no harm to look into these things.  He wanted to touch all the water there and there were many fountains and gutter helmet displays in the vendor area.  I should have put his rain coat on him. 


So I made him smell some flowers.  At least I picked some wonderful smelling ones!  He was pretty worn out and feel asleep in the car right away.  I carried him through Wegman's while Molly and I did some shopping and picked up something for lunch.  He woke up as soon as we got out to the car, naturally.  We recolored Molly's hair after we ate lunch. This time is was Egyptian Plum.  Baylor and I played outside for a while and walked over to the fire hall grounds to see the digger we had been watching through our windows all day long.  They were having rescue training all day and were destroying all kinds of cars in teaching the firemen how to remove a windshield safely, pop locks, and use the jaws of life among other things.  We watched them up close last year during a smaller training event.  The digger, all things are diggers, had fork blades and was picking up the cars and moving them around. He was running from window to window all morning watching the digger do its work.  Baylor stood on the forks and loved it.  I was a bit cold so we did not stay out long.  But he moved the remaining snow around before we went inside.  See more water.

No comments:

Post a Comment