I found this little guy under the snow. He used to be one of our jack-o-lanterns from Halloween but he is pretty much how I feel right now: pale, empty, and dried up only much plumper. I have been pretty blue lately for many reasons. I am working my way out of it and hopefully will be my slightly brighter self soon.
I meet a good friend from college at the Please Touch Museum in Philly on Saturday. I have not seen her since my baby shower and as usual, we always say we need to get together soon and never did. This time we were committed and made plans. She lives in NJ and the muesum was a place we could meet in the middle and have something to entertain the kids. She brought her daughters Kaitlyn and Lauren.
On the way to Philly Baylor kept asking where we are going. I told him we were going to Philly and he wanted to know if we were going to see Rocky. I said we were going to a museum and he wanted to know if it was the one with the steps Rocky ran up and yelled. Lori has an obsession with Rocky and I cannot stand the movies. She used to fall asleep to them every night like her own special lullaby. Apparently she introduced the movie to Baylor last week so it was fresh in his memory. He was running up the steps like Rocky in front of the museum.
The girls were very good with Baylor and I really think he should have been a little brother. He really looks up the older kids and would follow them anywhere. They all got a kick out of the floor piano and the one on the wall was from the movie BIG. Even Janice took a turn.
They have smaller sections fenced off for children under three. I saw the cow and knew this was the place for us to go. He still talks about milking the cow at the farm show and showed the girls his milking skills.
They are perfect models and would pose any time I pointed the camera at them. And they are beautiful girls too!
There is a large Alice In Wonderland exhibit and this was one of the rooms that get smaller towards the back. Lauren had to duck and Baylor looks as tall as a door. There was a maze and a huge tree that went from the bottom floor up to the first floor with rooms on both levels.
These are heavy plastic strips hanging from the ceiling. He loved running through them and would disappear into them every time we were near it. He is a good kid and never wants to be too far from me so it was good to know he would always come back to me.
In the one room of the tree they had a kitchen set up and he was in love with the tea set and pepper shaker. One girl had the Alice costume on and was cooking on the stove behind Baylor. He is wearing a costume of the one of the card guards. He did not mind wearing it and is serving tea to Kaitlyn.
In one of other toddler areas there was a farm and two houses. He was picking up plastic potatoes with a shovel and then we spied the mower. And it was a John Deere one to boot! One Mom was chasing after her son and asked me to move her son was running off. Keep in mind these areas are fenced off and employees are at the gates. I was trying to move Baylor though a fence inside the area at the time. I wanted to tell her I would be happy to knock down my son so she could get to hers but I just hustled Baylor a bit faster and out of her way. Like the kid was going anywhere and he was Baylor's age so it was not like he was one or something and could not take care of himself for a second or two.
Who knew there were scooters built for 4!
This was more my style and Baylor loved it. It was beautiful and worth the extra three dollars for the ride.
Of course we rode an interior horse that moved. He was smiling the entire ride.
Towards the end he was getting tired and the wooby came out of the bag and into his mouth. Too keep his hands free of course for other things. This is not called the Please Touch Muesum for nothing.
I took photos of everyone as the Statue of Liberty. They have a huge piece of art in the center of the main hall that is the raised arm of the Statue made out of toys and this was at the bottom of the platform. It was a good visit with my friend and I am glad we made the trip.
In other news we are trying this month for a sibling for Baylor. It may be our last if we go with what Lori wants to do. I go tomorrow for an ultrasound to check if I have any egglets growing and that will be ready this week. I hope it goes well and sticks this time. I am not sure if I am ready to stop even though it is killing me financially.
I'm glad that you are back even if it's a struggle to do so. It's hard to believe that Balor ask such questions about Rocky. How funny is that?
ReplyDeleteIf this is your last try, according to Gloria, I hope that it works out for you.
Oh, and sorry that you're poor!
Your Friend, m.