Friday, September 30, 2011

Do Not Eat Raw Cupcake Batter

What has the world come to when someone feels the need to put a disclaimer on the box of cupcake mix?  And have they ever made cupcake batter and not eaten any of it?  I am not sure I could be friends with them because how much fun is it to eat the batter any way?  I am not usually a box mix kind of girl but sometimes things catch my eye when strategically placed in the aisles at the local grocery store.  Cupcakes with creamy filling from a box sounds delicious and easy. 


And they were.  Mix the batter, and please don't eat any, fill the bottoms of the papers, squirt in some of the filling stuff that comes in a pouch, top off with the remaining batter, and bake. 



There are two to choose from, vanilla with chocolate filling and chocolate with creamy white filling. 


I made both so we could try them out.  I took them to work because we cannot have 24 cupcakes laying around the house!  They were gone before lunch and that is a sign of a good thing.  I don't feel like I have had a food success if there are leftovers to take home.   



1 comment: