The sun was out and it was just wonderful fall weather. I love spending time with my little man but too often I am trying to get something done while he plays around me. I am not too plugged into what he is doing and I have a lot of guilt about that. Maybe that is why I try to do something every weekend with him so we are just spending time with him and not doing something around him.
Another night, the girls came over to play. We bought this digger for Christmas but he caught Pap putting it together in the garage. It was all over then and he took it to the sandbox at their house right away. It is still a Christmas gift but he is enjoying it now. Every time we tare around one Baylor becomes obsessed with playing with them. He waited in line the construction Rodeo to play with one there with love in his eyes the entire time so I knew I had to find one for him. Quick Internet search and email to him Mamma and it was on the way to our house.
He was building a foundation for the house and they all took turns digging.
We made pumpkin cookies for work and his daycare. He loves his sprinkles and I had to shake off the extra on many of them.
I love his look at Mommy face!
Finally, Thursday came around and it was trick or treat night. Our town has it on Thursday so it does not interfere with any adult party goers. ToT is 6-8 and I don't think there are too many drunks on the road at that time. Having said that there were two children struck by a car that night and one boy did not make it. He lived in the neighborhood and was a school friend of Joy and Sue's children. It is so hard to hear about children passing and it is especially hard when they are so close to your own life. You find yourself hugging your children more.
And Thomas was very hugable!! It was a very cold night but he tolerated it well especially with ToT involved. He is not too much into the candy as much as the whole activity. He has Lofty in his hand. We had bought the costume and then he decided he wanted to be Lofty. So I told everyone he was Lofty dressed up as Thomas. Then we went over to see the girls.
We had a witch, princess and a train in tow. Natalie was sick last year and was not able to go. Thankfully she was well this year and all three kids headed out to get as much loot as we would let them.
We walked over to the neighbor's on the other side to see Riley and they were the first house. Then it was across the street to Mrs Kitty Goss. She looks forward to seeing the kids every year.
Her house in on the street level and while we were there, two fire engines came speeding down the road. Natalie does not like loud noises and she would not watch. Baylor on the other hand was about to jump into the street to get closer to them.
We drove to the local neighborhood that while it does not have sidewalks either, it is at least off a state route that is always full of traffic. We went to the same cul des sac we took the kids too last year. There are about 5 or 6 houses with lights on and we went to them all. The kids were very polite and very excited to go to the next house. It was very cold and we did not go past that street.
Baylor found a lollipop and wanted it for the 2 minute ride home.
Saturday the October snowstorm arrived around 10 am. Like most Pennsylvanians, we had to run to the store. Not because we needed milk, which we did, but because I did not have enough coffee creamer to last the weekend! I did not buy eggs or bread because we did not need to make french toast. It started to snow when we were at the check out.
We watched the snow pile up and I think we went out three times to shovel snow. It was a heavy snow and I know snow is wet but this was dripping! I could wring water out of my cuffs.
Sunday was bright and shiny and right for melting snow. Since Baylor was a little man I have been bringing him bowls of snow to play with inside. His first one was when he was 13 months old. Look at that big bald head!!!
He wanted one this year too. We went through several bowls of snow and several sets of outfits playing in the wet snow. We used the new digger and built a snowman.
We did lose two good size branches in the maples but they were too high for me to be able to clean off and it really could have been worse.
It took a few days for the snow to all melt and we are back to fall turning into winter. We went to the garden center to buy bird seed and they are decorated for Christmas. As we were walking in he said, "I think they are getting ready for Santa!" This is the same place we had his Santa photos done last year. He spent the rest of the time hollering "Merry Christmas" making many people smile. Including me!!

Cute Thomas!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about the Halloween night tragedy. :(