After having been inspired by Pinterest and blogs on sensory play and crafting I bought a boat load of beads and a nice big box to keep them in. The wash tub is bigger and the scoop is
a great tool to move the beads between the two containers. I try to stress the importance to do his best to keep them in the containers and not fling them around the room. So far he has been doing very good with that. If not, they go to were all bad toys go: the attic. At least until he is a bit more ready for them.
After that got old, we tried a craft project involving clear beads, white glue, and cookie cutters. The gist is you make a layer of beads inside the cookie cutter, cover them with glue and when they are dry hang them in a window. The directions were a bit vague on what to put them on so I used a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. They are still drying but I am not sure using paper was such a good idea.
It is taking several days for them to dry but I hope to give them as Easter gifts to the Grandparents if they turn out!
OMG. Beads, glue, and a three year old. You are the world's best mama.
ReplyDeleteI hope the artwork turns out - the grandparents will love it!
Looks fun...you will have to let me know if they turn out, maybe we will try it :)
ReplyDeletecool idea! I love pinterest!
ReplyDelete