Thursday, April 19, 2012

April Fool's Food Party

Every month at work we have a food day.  One person 'takes' a month, picks a theme, date etc, and posts a sign up sheet.  I picked April and a co-worker and I thought April Fools would be a perfect theme.  On the notice sign I also put that anything can be brought because in the end we just like to eat.  I did not have people sign up because it would ruin the surprise.  I was actually surprised at how many people participated and made fake out foods. 

Edwin made hamburgers.



Vanilla wafers with sesame seeds, peppermint patty, green coconut and frosting. 


And Baylor and I made hot dogs.


Shortbread cookie dough, red and yellow frosting and green coconut.  


We also made spaghetti and meatball cupcakes.  Vanilla cupcakes, frosting colored to look like pasta, Roche chocolate for a meat ball, strawberry jam and white chocolate.


And two kinds of meatloaf cupcakes.  Danielle's were made with colored mashed potato frosting.


Tamela's had a cherry tomato and ketchup on mashed potato frosting. 


I made a Day at the Spa taco dip I found on Pinterest.  It turned out great! 


No one would eat her eyes and mouth and at one point she had a carrot cigarette in her mouth!   


We had other dips, a lot of dips, a veggie tray, fruit tray, cooked shrimp, and a few other things I am missing but it was an excellent food day. Next year I think I am going to do Foods of Pennsylvania.  We had a lot of fun looking them up online and we all got hungry thinking about them all! 

1 comment:

  1. She made me laugh out loud!

    I love making food that looks like other foods... Have you seen Hello Cupcake and Hello Again Cupcake? I love that stuff!!

    ReplyDelete