Monday, July 8, 2013

Time for a Swim Chief

Saturday Mom and Dad came back for a swim.  Mom was in the pool once last year and Dad never got in.   I had to lay some ground rules with Buddy because he can be a bit rough sometimes.  And while he pished when I told him there was no throwing Baylor, no dunking him, and at Baylor's request no squirting in the face (which was a problem two years ago in the blow up pool), Buddy followed the rules. And because of that, everyone had a good time.  Baylor did squirt Dad in the face and Dad warned him first instead of reacting.  


Mom has not been feeling well but she was called by the water and joined us.  




Baylor still takes comfort in his floaty vest and loves to jump off the ladder. 



Does that smile ever some off that beautiful face?  

After six months of waiting, they finally adopted another dog.  He is a rescue dog that was found roaming in Y.ork a few months ago.  They named him Chief Yorkie York.  Mom and I were not fond of the name but Dad and Baylor liked it so I think they are keeping it.  He was a mess when he was found: he had to be shaved down, all but two teeth were pulled, he has a dry eye that will need medicated everyday, one of his legs healed weird after a fracture so he walks funny, he is not entirely housebroken, and I am sure there are a few things I am missing.  In other words, he is perfect for my day who feels his mission is to rescue old Yorkies that need homes in their elder years.  


They are still getting to know him and he seems like a nice little dog.  I know he will get all the love and attention he could want from them.


No comments:

Post a Comment