Because of the snow last weekend (or the forecast for a bad storm) we postponed the Aunt's meeting until today which happens to be the Winter Solstice. And the weather forecast was to be in the 60s!! Baylor has been a bit confused why we have had all this snow in the fall. He was looking forward to winter so we can have snow in the proper season. Unfortunately most of the snow melted today! But I got a few snaps outside. I need a good head shot for the dated photo ornaments I give to the grandparents.
He loves to pull faces and it is heard to get just a good smile but I love his silly personality and those are just as wonderful as the 'perfect' shot.
Heather had the party today and we both had craft items for everyone to do. We had smore's ornies, foam penquins and when it looked like everyone was having fun I brought out the stuff to make hand print ornaments. I was really not sure if I was going to bring everything to make them but I am glad I decided to as they were a hit.
I helped everyone make the initial prints and then it was up to each person if they wanted to decorate the ornies or if they wanted me to do it. It was about half and half and all of them turned out wonderfully, once people get past the need to be 'perfect'. I kept saying we are not going for made in China perfect, it is supposed to look homemade and unique. And they were.
There is always a lot of talking, catching up and remembering stories of days gone by.
After the food and crafts we opened the gifts. The kids were playing all morning with the weapons but were all having a good time. I never found out what the game was but it lasted all day.
Brigid modeled for me again this year. She loves for me to take her photo and Heather loved these.
We only had eight Aunts this year and the gifts were all wonderful. It was fun watching everyone open their gifts and enjoy what they received. Aunt Betty was first and I must admit I coveted her snowman Thirty-one tote!
Conner was in his jammies all day! Heather said he comes home and changes right into jammies. I change too into my stay at home clothes, which are also my jammies so I can completely relate.
Joan was second and she received peanut butter meltaway candies from a local candy maker.
The dogs were looking for lovins and a seat to steal. If you got up they were in your place before you released it.
The kids checked in everyone and then but were really more interested in their games. Eli is still really good with the boys. It was five years ago that Eli held the newborn Baylor on his lap and they bonded way back then. His is like a big brother for Baylor when they are together. I love seeing them together.
The cousins hung out on the floor watching. They are the next generation of Aunts and I hope they will keep up the tradition in the future. They will be just as crazy as we are I know it.
I got involved in the gifts and did not take many more photos other than Murphy who took over Lynda's seat and made himself comfortable.











No comments:
Post a Comment