Sunday, June 8, 2014

Graduation Times Three


Sunday morning I made one batch of old fashioned Strawberry Rhubarb jam and one batch of Strawberry Jam with pectin.  It did not make much of a dent in the eight quarts we had to do something with.  And I made a blueberry crumble for the graduation party we were going to in the afternoon.  The family has three graduates this year:  Kaila, Klaudia and Aaron. I used to call Aaron pumpkin butt when he was about three years old.  He is Eli's older brother.  Klaudia is my cousin DiAnn's youngest and Kaila is her step daughter.  We are very proud of our graduates and there was a big family party for them at DiAnn's.   


Baylor was really shy for about the first hour even though he has been there several times before.  It was not until I started him playing badminton.  I taught him the basics of hitting the shuttlecock and then the other kids took over playing with him.  He held his own and was playing with middle schoolers to college kids.  And it was wonderful that all of them played fair with him and never made him feel like a preschooler.  No one plays for points so a miss does not matter.  He learned to serve it rather well and even some of the kids told him he was doing really good.  





For some reason he was not a fan of being on Eli's shoulders but I am glad Eli still has fun with Baylor.  





My little man just kept going and going.  It was awesome!!  


He also played with Paisley who is three and they watched Frozen together putting their arms around each other at times.  They played in the sand box together and had fun.  We all did.  And half way home he was out!!  It was a good day when you crash on the way home.


No comments:

Post a Comment