Finally a stay at home Sunday! I did not have a lot of plans for the day but my parents did stop over for a bit in the morning but left by early afternoon. So we had the rest of the day to play. For two years I have had this idea pinned as my cover pin on Pinterest and I finally did it. I sacrificed two crappy socks and it worked just like it was supposed to.
Next time we will try it with food color on the socks for some colored bubble snakes. I also saw one version that made dragon faces on the bottle so it looked like they were breathing bubbles. Very cute but not something I could leave outside!
The girls will be done with school soon and hopefully will be able to play more with Baylor. They had a fun after noon together riding the bikes and then they decided to play tee ball out in the field. Notice Baylor is in differnent clothes? We go through several outfits on a given day. It it a good thing he has such a large selection to choose from in his closet!
They all their stuffed friends and put them in chairs on the sidelines to watch.
So on day three of learning to ride his bike, he got it. And I could not have been more proud. We had another major melt down over it but even then he was not willing to give up. He started with about four cycles with the pedals and then just kept trying. He would get more and go longer each time until he could do the whole driveway. He went straight to the gravel to practice there because that is what is at Connor's campground.
Vanessa loves bubbles as much as I do and she loves to make them as much as she loves to pop them. She stood with me for a long time making bubbles together.
Big bubbles
And little bubbles
And trying to get the little bubbles into the big bubbles
Baylor took a few turns
And then we all went to our first trip to the creek together. The water level was back down to normal so we had a lot of room on the rocks to share with all the other people enjoying the water.
Last time we were here the water was running up past the wall and the little sandy bit was over on the left corner. The canal was flowing fast as well. River is the dog there enjoying the water and sticks being thrown in the water. All the kids took a turn throwing sticks out for him.
The water was cold but tolerable.
And the water sprite was ready to get wet!
I took Baylor out as far s the Browns are but then I went by myself as far out as I could go. I could go within ten feet of the other side. It was a good day at the creek for everyone and was made even nicer with our neighbors.
























No comments:
Post a Comment