Today is the first day of Summer! While it is not one of my favorite seasons, it does mark the passing of the year. And it always brings to mind that line from a Country Time Lemonade commercial that keeps me motivated to get things done this season. And now I find it hard to not sing, in my head, the word Summer like Olaf did in Frozen.
So here is a brief list of things I did today. I tried to sleep in but Eddy had other ideas around 4:30, like breakfast. I managed to ignore her for a about an hour and finally got up to feed her and let her out again. I started some Summer cleaning because Spring has come and gone and I pretty much did not do anything about that whole thing. Cleaning is really not my thing anyway. I like the idea of it and the results of it, just not the act of it. Or at least a lot of it at one time. But today I got my groove on, my broom out, dusting cloth and cleaned the morning away.
Here Kitty, Kitty! Grimm is a lovely window sitter and loves being on brown patrol, watching the neighbors come and go. I did have a conversation with Mandy today through the window because she saw from her driveway I was puttering around in there .
I also put several items on the walls that have been laying around waiting to be hung. I have had this wall item for four years! Now it is up to inspire us when we come down the stairs.
I hung a few smaller photos of Baylor and Eddy around the house.
At noon we tried to Skype with my parents while they are in Germany. While we could see them, we could not hear each other so we just talked on the phone and watched each other on the computer.
Baylor and I interacted all day of course. He loves these doors and wanted to see himself go down them so we took several photos.
I smoked a turkey breast for Sunday dinner. It had to do it today because Meme cannot be around smoke and she will be here on Sunday. It will taste just as good tomorrow!
I walked around the gardens and found some lovely flowers in bloom.
The black raspberries are coming along and we will be eating them next week!! Thank you Grandpa and Grandma for the plants. I think of you when we enjoy these fruits.
Can you ever look at poppies and not say,"Poppies, poppies will put them to sleep." Or is that just me?
My photo bomber!!
Back in the house, I hung the German door bell that my parents had until I took it over a few years ago. I love the sound when the door opens.
Later, in the evening, we had a pick up T-ball game with both neighbor girls and they also had bike races around the loop. While the kids were playing I was working on another project I will talk about on another day. I started bread for breakfast because I love hot bread, butter and jelly!
Great post! Made me wish we were neighbors!
ReplyDelete