Sunday, August 24, 2014

Baby Lochlan

:Friday around 9:30 am baby Lochlan McGraw arrived in this world, healthy 8 lbs and something and 20 inches long.  He was actually born on his due date which is most unusual.  I had told Julie I was running over that weekend to give something to Cullen.  We headed over Sunday after I finished making chicken pot pie, some for them and some for Laura later in the week.  I did not know if they would be home and did not call ahead.  When we parked Julie came out and was glad to see us.  Which was good, because they had just arrived home on Saturday and I am sure having guests may not have been in their plans.  But thankfully we were able to stay a few hours and I got to hold the little guy after he had a good meal.  Just a sweet little bug and I love him!  I love all my nephews, whether by blood or friendship.  Which is apparently a good thing because Julie asked me if Gloria and I would be the boys guardians should anything ever happen to them.  I of course said yes, and I was not going to even check with her first!  It would be an honor which I hope never happens!  



The boys played and had a good time together.  


And I had a good time with Locke.  


What I had to bring to Cullen was a kindercone, which is a German tradition to give to the kids on the first day of school to help sweeten their day.  I filled it with small school items and a few treats.  The favorite was a come back ball which is a rubber ball attached to an elastic string attached to a velcro bracelet. Baylor asked if he was going to get one in his cone!  



And Cullen loved using the cone as a hat!  We stayed until after 6:00 and Baylor fell asleep on the way home.  Which was a good thing because Monday is his first day of school and he needed to get a good night's sleep. 



No comments:

Post a Comment