Sunday, November 13, 2016

Birthday Party!

In keeping with my old age insomnia, I was up early and sadly so was Baylor.  But then I was free to make a lot of noise with the noisy maker.  Even though it is no longer a favorite frosting for Baylor I still love the Italian Buttercream and look forward to my once a year treat!!  But it is certainly a mess and I am glad I have a large mixer because the meringue crawls out out the mixing bowl every year!   


And then I add six sticks of butter and it tames right down!  


We made plans for a small birthday party that was more like a big play date.  It was a risk to expect a mid November Sunday to be nice enough to play outside but the weather was on our side this year!  While we were out setting up, Mr Banks drove up in his golf cart and Baylor asked for a ride. They zipped off to the field for a quick loop.  Small town joy ride I guess.  




I was hoping the day would be nice enough and not too windy to have a fine and I was happy to strike the match to the wood pile in the fire pit.  I pretty much stayed by the fire for the rest of the afternoon when I was not adulting.  


My pyro son was happy as well to have the fire going!  


The party was loosely themed with Superheros and Baylor asked for the Green Goblin so they could bash the bad guy.  


There were only five kids total as Caden was not able to make it and they had two good rounds at bashing before his head exploded.  

First up was Baylor


Followed by Ryder


then Landon 


and Zayden 


and Kartikey (his mom stayed with me by the fire the whole time, it was awesome!)


Round two, they all had turns of course. 




And then he was done!  


And thrown into the fire, which was an awesome idea. 


We let them play until Gloria arrived with the pizza around 1:15, which was good timing because the hangries were starting to show up.  We set up two table in the driveway one for food and the other for eating.   I used my plastic picnic plates and the boys thought the bowls made good hats.  



After pizza we let them play until around 2:15 when we had cake and opened presents.  I made candy corn colored cupcakes, some frosted, some not, and brownies. 


I asked Gloria to take pictues with my phone why I used the camera and I heard her just clicking away and asked her to stop.  I did't need 40 pictures of me moving my arm across the table, which is now what I have.   


The fire pit was a popular place.  When the parents started arriving at 2:45 I pulled up chairs for them and had them take a seat for a bit.  I even roasted a marshmallow because what is the point of having a fire and not roasting a marshmallow? I have no idea!  


The parents kindly helped me to clean up the party mess and everyone left at the same time so no one was the bad guy.  It really was a great day and the boys did great playing together.  Greeva said she really enjoyed sitting by the fire for the afternoon and when they buy their house she wants to have a fire pit too!   


Baylor and I used up the last of the wood that was on the driveway and around four went inside.  I showered because I smelled like smoke and did not want to sleep with that smell on me.  We are not staying at the cabin after all!  


While I was cleaning up Finding Nemo was on TV, which was a great lead into my plans for the rest of the day; to finally find Dory!  It was a cute movie and I loved it because it was about family, the best thing in life!  


After the movie the birthday boy crashed on the couch!  Just a few more days left being seven!  


No comments:

Post a Comment