Sunday, March 5, 2017

Happy Birthday Kartikey

For breakfast I tried my hand at ableskivers, or pancake puffs as I told Baylor when I served him.  Not quite the big puffy hollow balls but OK for my first try.  I think I will need to watch a few how to videos before trying again.  



In the afternoon Baylor and I went to Kartikey's birthday party at the Coliseum.  First the kids bowled for two games which was fun seeing them together.  Ryder was there. 


And Caden.


And Trevor, Landon, and Chase.  A good group of crazy fun kids.   



Baylor did well in both games of bowling.  Not enough for the leagues but held his own. 


One looks cooler with one's hands in one's pockets. 



He broke 100 on the last game but there was a pin glitch.  There was one pin in the lane so we told him to go for it.  He actually hit the pin and it counted as a strike.  He was quite pleased with that.  


After bowling was pizza, which they somehow burnt the bottom and under cooked the top. How do you do that? And then cake.  





And lots of running around the big room.  Which I think they would have been just as happy with for the whole party.  



And then presents.  He started out with my gift, which was underpants.  Because the other night when I asked him what he wanted he could not come up with something. I told him if he did not give me an idea I would get him underpants, and he would have to open them in front of all his friends.  Hee Hee Hee!  Baylor gave him a Star Wars Lego set and he received many nice gifts from his friends. 




Sunday morning was the annual snow tubing trip and we invited Kartikey to join us.  I forgot I said I would bring him snow pants, oops!! They were making snow because it was so warm all week that what they had for the last few weeks had melted.  



It was pretty to see but a bi$*% to tube through.  It stung they eyes and burned the face!  






After three runs they were cold, well their hands were cold.  The place was empty so I let them run around upstairs to warm up.  They totally need driers for the gloves.  



We did one more run and they were done,  Cold hands make it not worth staying. See the blizzard over my shoulder?  Not fun to zoom through without ski goggles.



The ground outside the snow zone looked like Spring was on the way.  



They boys ate lunch at home and played video games. And then asked to go to the park.  They dreaded park where he slipped on sand and broke his collar bone.  Right there at the bend in the wall.  



They made friends with another boy who was there by himself and played tag and hide and go seek with him.  When it looked like they needed a break, I took the boys for a walk where Baylor promptly slid his hand on the wood railing and got a large wood cut, like a paper cut only bigger.  So we headed home.  This place is cursed I think!  


No comments:

Post a Comment