Mom and Dad had their 52nd wedding anniversary on March 20th, the first day of Spring!! They went to VA for a long weekend so we sent them a Snap to tell them we love them!
Aww, the young ones 52 years ago.
Wednesday I did my monthly volunteer hour in which I wrote out the morning script for Molly to read over the loudspeaker with the date, lunch menu, and cycle day. And I cut six inch pieces of waxed paper for an art project they are going to do. Then I got to eat lunch with this guy! He is so much fun. I am glad I get to do these things with him.
It was time to change my Jack into an Easter egg (thank you Tara) I started by not covering his eyes but after three pieces of tape he looked like a ninja pumpkin. I found some packing stickers at my desk and covered his eyes and he ended up much better.
The other day after day care when Baylor, Caden, Gavin, their dad, and I were having a snowball fight Caden nailed Baylor in the face with a hard snowball. After the initial shock wore off Baylor was still crying and was being a butt about not telling me what what still wrong. I got mad and acted like a butt too. It took Gloria to get out of him that he was mad at me because I had said Caden can throw better because he plays baseball. Well, that hurt his feelings apparently and he needed me to apologize. I apologized that his feelings got hurt, but that it was true Caden had more practice throwing and was better. All he heard was I am sorry and he was better with me. But then Gloria said she would take him out to practice throwing and he enjoyed their lesson. He threw at the fence.
And at Gloria.
He did pretty good. Now if he would continue to practice, I am sure the would be even better, but I believe this will be the last practice he has.
I want to paint a picture for my parents for their anniversary and I asked Baylor if he would help. He was into it and I thought the branches would be a good way to contribute. After his drawing, I had to rethink that.
We decided to paint the sky and fill in the branches later and he was OK with that.
Friday morning I woke up well before the sun and could not fall asleep. And since I had the slow cooker working its magic on the chicken stock, the house smelled amazing. So I got up and made chicken pot pie. Seems reasonable but what else do you do at 4 in the morning when you cannot sleep?
We went out to dinner Friday night because it was Gloria's Mother's Day, the anniversary of the adoption. We went to everyone's favorite Tokyo Diner and sat next to a lovely 7 year old girl and her mom. It is nice when the table companions are friendly and outgoing.
Grimm is a treat beggar and he was determined to get this last one stuck between the chair back. He went behind it and worked on it until he could eat it.
In the mail I received a handwritten thank you car from the judge who's jury I was on. I thought that was pretty classy!
Baylor and I worked on the tree together. I did the main branches and he worked on the trunk and added the moss.
And then I did the rest. I think they will like it.


















No comments:
Post a Comment